Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Hi Taffy

Will definitely do a comprehensive review of the trip on my return. Bob can then add anything I may have missed or edit things I may not have got right!

Jaya

Thanks Taffy, we will report back for sure!

All the best,

Bob

Hi

Hope you all have a fantastic holiday. I can't wait to read you reviews when you return. Hoping for some top tips ready for the June departure. Have read the reply on Jaya's thread about luggage for the lodge, so will be very intrigued to find out what happens. 

Enjoy yourselves,

Taffy

Hi Bob,

http://forum.justyou.co.uk/thread-83384.html 

I do hope this helps and if you have any further questions before you start your journey to the UK, please let me know.

Kindest regards,

Monty

Thanks Sarah, Julie and Sally. I for one am really looking forward to this trip - I guess we are the 'guinea pigs' since this is the first departure!!

Jaya

Have a great trip everyone - looking forward to the reviews when you return.
Hi Monty/Julia,

The post has arrived today - and still no letter from JY regarding the need for a holdall for the lodges!  Could someone please email me a copy of it?  I leave for the airport to get my flight to Heathrow tomorrow and will probably be leaving before the post arrives.  I'm asking just in case there is any additional information I may need. 

Also Julia promised she'd get back to us with clarification when we would be reunited with our main luggage - I am presuming this will be after we leave Sukau and return to Sandakan, so we will need to pack for three nights rather than two.  Is there any update on this?  Time is running out!!

Best wishes,

Bob

I hope you all have a great time in Borneo.

Hils, Namibia is sold out for October so it looks like we will be going.

Enjoy your trip

Julie

Sometimes it's tough to be a trail blazer! Hope you all have a marvellous time. Looking forward to reading some rave reviews.
Hi Hils

I just ordered a soft holdall from Amazon and paid almost £7.50 for next day delivery as standard delivery, which was free, would have meant me not getting it till Thursday. I was going to use my backpack, but then decided to have the holdall as I worked out that we will need at least 3 days' worth of supplies if not 4 depending on when we will be reunited with our suitcases. I am lucky in that I do not have any internal flight to get so can pack 30 -35 kg as I am allowed 5 extra due to upgrading to premium economy, but will not take up the offer as there is no way I can lift 30kg bag. I prefer to travel as light as possible!! See you on Thursday.

Jaya