Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Hi Mike

Yes, I noticed that Mexico was a little....challenging....still, I know you are game for an adventure - perhaps we were lucky that the only thing that went wrong in Iceland was the non-helicopter friendly weather!

Speaking of Iceland and your love of re-unions, why don't you round up Bob and Sally after Borneo and all come to a different island for a bit of a get together. It might be a bit more costly for Mr Gray but I believe they do direct flights from Cork and Dublin to Jersey in the Summer which might help him out. August is Battle of Flowers month and then we have the International Air Display on 2nd Thursday in September (Red Arrows etc). I'll be around then but am heading off for my ultimate Bucket List trip, Rapa Nui, the following week.

I can't offer you hot springs, waterfalls or Northern Lights but seafood.....oh yes, we've certainly got seafood.. (and cows) :)

All the best

Mandy

Hi Mandy,

Yes I have recently returned from the now famous (or should I say infamous) Mexico trip, and if you've read Bob's review you'll already know that they did their best to keep us there!

No more cowboy adventures lined up, although I do have a reunion in July with some of the guys from my Texas trip. Borneo is next up for me in May and then Burma next February. I've nothing else planned in-between.

As for your Island of Flowers, it sounds a lovely idea especially if it could be combined with a reunion (I do love reunions!) so I'll put it on my wish list.

All the best and enjoy Alaska

Mike

Hi Mike

Good to hear from you. Me? April? Belfast? Titanic? Whatever makes you see a connection in that?!! 😃 :D

I'll certainly let you know what I think of Alaska - I think Bob has got his eye on it too. I was expecting to go all bundled up in my North face duvet-with-sleeves as I was in Iceland but I've heard from others that in May/June it could well be t-shirt weather in the Arctic Circle! As for the fridge magnet, there is an outside chance that I'll end up with one or twelve.....

What are your next plans (did you just come back from the Mexico trip?) - anymore cowboy adventures or are you heading back East again? Burma is looking popular but I still quite fancy Nepal. As for the Island of Flowers well, why don't you give that a whirl? I'm not sure about wearing your Stetson but we certainly have plenty of cows!!

All the best

Mandy

Hi Sylvia

Lucky you, if you haven't met Marsha before I can tell you you will be in good hands, she's one of my favourite TMs, such a friendly, bubbly person.  If you have met her before you will already know what I mean.  Have a great holiday.

Avocet

'AELB' wrote:

Hi Sylvia

I hope you have a super time in 'my' little Island!

It would have been great to have been able to meet up with you while you are here and before we head off to Alaska, but unfortunately I'm going to be away in Belfast that weekend (long story...!)

Happy to help if you have any questions or want 'where the locals go' restaurant recommendations.

Looking forward to May - under ten weeks to go now!

All the best

Mandy

Hi Mandy,

I hope you are well; I'm not on this tour but just checked the thread on the off-chance that you had left a comment. Would your Belfast trip have anything to do with Titanic by any chance?

Anyway, have a great time in Alaska and don't forget to buy your fridge magnet! I'm very interested in this tour so I hope that you'll write a review on your return.

All the best (and sorry to those who may think that I've hijacked their thread!)

Mike

'AELB' wrote:

Hi Sylvia

It would have been great to have been able to meet up with you while you are here and before we head off to Alaska, but unfortunately I'm going to be away in Belfast that weekend (long story...!)

Happy to help if you have any questions or want 'where the locals go' restaurant recommendations.

All the best

Mandy

Hi Mandy

I knew I had read somewhere that someone on the Alaska trip was from Jersey!  It is a pity that you will be elsewhere, as it would have been nice to meet before then.

Regards

Sylvia

'Moderator' wrote:

Hi Sylvia,

How are you finding the e-docs?

Marsha Kargili will be your Tour Manager for this trip. She will be on the Holiday sho win a couple of weeks, which is in partnership with The Wireless, Age UK's radio station. So, make sure you have a listen to the show.

There are 20 travellers booked on the tour. The 11 people taking the catamaran arrive at 13.45hrs, whilst the other 9 people are flying to Jersey and will arrive throughout the day. You will not be the first flight to arrive in Jersey.

Kindest regards,

Monty

Hi Monty

E-docs are perfect so far and if there was a way of emailing luggage labels to print off I would be happy to do that too.  

However, when the luggage labels arrived the itinerary and tickets included parts of the holiday that I was not taking ie ferry tickets and pick up details from/to port - I am flying!  I've spoken to JY who are grateful that I have highlighted a problem with their supplier which means they will contact my fellow travellers.  So, the moral of story is for JY to take more care on what they send out and fellow travellers should check the info asap and not leave to the last minute... 

Thanks

Sylvia

Hi Sylvia

All the best

Mandy

Hi Sylvia,

How are you finding the e-docs?

Marsha Kargili will be your Tour Manager for this trip. She will be on the Holiday sho win a couple of weeks, which is in partnership with The Wireless, Age UK's radio station. So, make sure you have a listen to the show.

There are 20 travellers booked on the tour. The 11 people taking the catamaran arrive at 13.45hrs, whilst the other 9 people are flying to Jersey and will arrive throughout the day. You will not be the first flight to arrive in Jersey.

Kindest regards,

Monty

Hi Monty

I have received my e-docs for this holiday and have a couple of questions, please:

Who will be the tour manager?

I am taking the flight and it looks like I'll arrive before the catamaran people.  

How many on this holiday are flying/on catamaran?

Many thanks

Sylvia