Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Cindy

This is my first cancellation I've done 15 others and am off to New Zealand later this year, so I have that to look forward to

Tim

'mikew' wrote:

Hi Tim,

Travelsphere also run a tour of Peru which departs 13th June. This is a special departure to include the Inti Raymi festival in Cuzco, so you might want to consider that as an alternative.

The reason I suggest this is because I did the TS tour of Peru last August after finding that JY had removed their August departure date from the schedule, again presumably due to low numbers. The TS tour was brilliant and more comprehensive than JY's so have a think about it. You can read my review in the review section if that's any help. Peru is a wonderfully spectacular country so it would be a pity for you to miss out.

Cheers

Mike

Thanks Mike

It looked a good trip but didn't fit with my diary

Tom

Great idea Tim,

Many years ago I booked 11 months in advance to travel to Australia with JY and I was gutted when it was cancelled the week the final payment was due, I could not make another date that JY offered to me I was so disappointed so I feel for you, I have only had one tour cancelled in my 10 years of traveling with JY.

Cindy

Great idea Tim.  I have been lucky not to have a holiday cancelled but I did have a Manchester departure cancelled which meant switching holidays but fortunately to the same country.
Hi Tim,

Travelsphere also run a tour of Peru which departs 13th June. This is a special departure to include the Inti Raymi festival in Cuzco, so you might want to consider that as an alternative.

The reason I suggest this is because I did the TS tour of Peru last August after finding that JY had removed their August departure date from the schedule, again presumably due to low numbers. The TS tour was brilliant and more comprehensive than JY's so have a think about it. You can read my review in the review section if that's any help. Peru is a wonderfully spectacular country so it would be a pity for you to miss out.

Cheers

Mike

Hi Tim, excellent idea!  Thankfully as far as I can see JY only end up cancelling a small number of their tours - I had one cancelled last year and the team were very helpful in booking me on an alternative.  Those of us who work are obviously limited in the times when we can take our holidays, so a system like this could be of great help.  I hope you find an alternative tour to go on.

Cheers,

Bob

Hi Tim,

I am very sorry that it was necessary for us to cancel your holiday. The decision to cancel a tour is only taken after all other possibilities have been explored, but unfortunately if the number of passengers on a tour is very low, it becomes impossible to operate the holiday efficiently. We do appreciate the inconvenience and disappointment the cancellation of a holiday causes to our clients, and this course of action is only taken as a last resort.

Thank you for your constructive feedback - it is really useful to us. I have passed this on to the Sales Centre Manager for their consideration so lets see what the future brings!

Kindest regards,

Monty

I had the news last Thursday that the trip I booked to Peru in June is not running due to low numbers and wondered whether you had considered an option for us to register an alternative when we make our original booking.

Like so many others I have a list of tours I want to do but the constraints of work mean I have limited holiday and limited dates for travel.  When I booked it was down to Peru or Borneo and I picked Peru as I was concerned that as the trip has been running a while it might be rested soon.

Sally Mullen in your office has been fantastic in her efforts to try to find an alternative trip, the travelsphere option didn't work for me due to work commitments, however there were still a couple of places showing on the Borneo trip, the flights were available but after a lot of hard work Sally was unable to get the hotel rooms so had to give me the bad news that I couldn't go to Borneo in June either.

I accept that as a commercial operation you can't run these trips without minimum numbers, so this is where my idea comes in; if I were able to register a second choice (in this case Borneo) at the point you are about to return any unused allocation to the airline and hotels, are you able to run a report on those who have this as their second choice to be able to flag to them whether their first choice has met the minimum numbers and if it hasn't the traveller could then make an informed decision as to whether to switch trips?  This could potentially save your team in the office a lot of work phoning around to try and get travellers on alternative trips and also mean disappointments avoided.

As an alternative if extra information could be provided on the website showing the current status against minimum numbers and the date unused allocations are to be returned those of us online could keep track and take appropriate action.

Thanks

Tim