Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Hi Bob

my one and only balloon flight was over the outback in Australia, very early rise from Alice Springs didn't see many kangaroos but it was a very enjoyable flight to say the least followed by a champagne breakfast in the middle of nowhere, think I had about 8 glasses that morning boy did I know about it later

im sure you'll slip one in somewhere maybe when you go to OZ mind its always at the mercy of the local weather winds cloud etc

all the best

Dave

I did my first and only hot air balloon flight in Egypt when I did the Cairo & Nile Cruise with JY in 2009,

and it was absolutely brilliant with perfect weather for viewing the Valley of the Kings and the Nile, there were 14 of us in the basket and a fully qualified pilot, all safety checks were carried out and we landed perfectly in a sugar cane field.

Bob, I hope you get the chance to do a flight, I would definitely do another.

Dave.

Thanks Cindy and Kerry!  Jonah, that's great to hear.  So looking forward to this trip.  February hurry up and come around!

Cheers,

Bob

Cindy's right, I know that some insurance companies will no longer cover you for balloon rides, or they charge you extra for the pleasure which can make it a very expensive trip. However I hope you get to do one one day... as its an amazing way to see things.
Bob

I can confirm that the sunsets are spectacular.

Having done a hot air ballon flight in Australia not with JY it is a amazing thing to experience, just do make sure your travel insurance covers this sort of thing, as I think they have cut back on paying out in certain things and this might be one of them???? Better to check ..I hope you can get to do one ..one day !

Cindy

Hi Jonah,

Thanks for your reply and this confirms what I thought!  I doubt I'll get the time on a packed itinerary to do it independently and your comments about hazy skies make me feel better about it.  Although I'm hoping for some spectacular sunsets whilst in Burma, so I hope it isn't too hazy!  Hopefully I'll get to do a balloon flight at some stage...

All the best,

Bob

Hi Monty,

Many thanks for your reply although I suspect that there will not be enough free time while in Bagan to do this independently - from the reviews it sounds like it is a hectic itinerary.

Best wishes,

Bob

Hi Bob

I asked the question about balloon tours when I was in Burma recently and I was told that JY would not book it but I could do my one.  The only problem was that the itinerary was so crammed and with moving on frequently it was impossible to find an early morning or evening to fit it in.  I also felt that it was not fair on the tour rep with such a tight itinerary to 'do my own thing'. It may be that the itinerary on future trips will allow more free time than we had.  I also have to say to be fair it was rarely clear in Burma, a lot of the time the sky is very hazy so I am not sure how spectacular a flight would have been in terms of visibility.  If you do get to go I will be very jealous!!

Hi Bob,

I am sorry to hear of your disappointment that we no longer offer balloon flights. I have spoken to our Holiday Creators here at JYHQ, who have advised me that we will not be offering a balloon flight for your upcoming Burma tour in February 2017. However, you are more than welcome to book a balloon flight locally during you free time on this tour.

At this stage I am unable to advise you if we will or will not be offering balloon trips on any of our future tours because, as you know, our itineraries do change from time to time.

Apologies for this Bob, as we completely understand that Bagan is a wonderful site to have a balloon flight over.

Kindest regards,

Monty