Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
OK, thanks for that Monty, most helpful.

Andrew.

Hi Andrew,

On day 2 there is an included excursion of a sightseeing tour of Paris. You will be driven through the city on a coach, and there will be short stops at Notre-Dame, The Opéra House, The Madeleine Church, Palais Elysées, Les Invalides, Champs de Mars and the Arc de Triomphe, where you can get off and take pictures. A stop will also be made at Eiffel Tower and at the Louvre, where you will be given some free time to explore further. If you fancy a trip up the Eiffel Tower or go into the Louvre, then you can do so at your own expense.

Regrettably, the hotel is some distance from the centre of Paris so in order to get into Paris you would need to get the bus or a taxi into the city. I am sure there will be other people in your group who would like to venture out of the hotel, so if you’re not feeling brave enough to go by yourself, buddy up and explore the stunning sights.

Kindest regards,

Monty

Hi Julia,

I'm currently making considerations and plans in anticipation of booking a place on the Paris trip in May 2016.

I have a Lonely Planet guide for Paris but I was just wondering if you could tell me where, in relation to the sights the tour will be visiting, is actually located as I can't find it on the maps I have. I am guessing it's within central Paris, but I'm not at all sure.

Secondly, is there a coach or similar to ferry us between tourist sights or are the tourist sights within easy walking distance from the hotel? Just so I have an idea in case I feel confident, or brave, enough to venture out independently from the group. It's likely I will see how I feel when I arrive there.

Thanking you for your assistance Julia, and look forward to your reply.

Yours sincerely,

Andrew.