Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
'RAW' wrote:

'LyndaSue' wrote:

Hello,

To clear up a few questions re the above forthcoming cruise, I wonder if you can advise:

Is it best to take small amounts of currency for each port or a currency card (which means you'd have to find a cash point each time)

How many tour managers are on this cruise

Are we transferred straight to the ship on arrival in Barbados

Thinks that's all for now and looking forward to hearing from you

Thank you

Lynda

Hi

I am also on this cruise and pre cruise stay in Barbados and have looked up the advice on currency and it is to take US dollars and Euros for the latter part of the trip. USD can easily be exchanged for local currency or used to pay; however, the price is slightly more (sometimes) when paying with USD. Hope this helps.

Ruth

Hello Ruth, thank you for this. It makes sense to take USD & Euros, and I had decided to do that. I look forward to meeting you in Barbados!

Lynda

RAW 8 years ago
'LyndaSue' wrote:

Hello,

To clear up a few questions re the above forthcoming cruise, I wonder if you can advise:

Is it best to take small amounts of currency for each port or a currency card (which means you'd have to find a cash point each time)

Thank you

Lynda

Hi

I am also on this cruise and pre cruise stay in Barbados and have looked up the advice on currency and it is to take US dollars and Euros for the latter part of the trip. USD can easily be exchanged for local currency or used to pay; however, the price is slightly more (sometimes) when paying with USD. Hope this helps.

Ruth

RAW 8 years ago
'LyndaSue' wrote:

Hello,

Thank you

Lynda

Hi

I am also on this cruise (inc pre cruise stay) and have looked up the advice on currency and it is to take US dollars, and Euros for the latter part of the trip. USD can easily be exchanged for local currency or used to pay; however, the price is slightly more (sometimes) when paying with USD. Hope this helps.

Ruth

'Moderator' wrote:

Hi Lynda,

As far as currency is concerned, we would refer you to page 8 of the ‘Your Guide to Cruising’ booklet which is sent out with booking confirmations - I am happy to drop you an email with a scan of that page if that would be any easier.

In regards to spending money, we cannot recommend what amount you take as it totally depends on what you intend to buy. Just so you're aware, only two of our organised shore excursions for this cruise include shopping opportunities.

There will be two Tour Managers on your cruise and you will be transferred to the ship on arrival in Barbados as part of the cruise fare.

I hope this helps.

Kindest regards,

Monty

thank you so much for this information Monty - really helpful

best wishes

Lynda

Hi Lynda,

As far as currency is concerned, we would refer you to page 8 of the ‘Your Guide to Cruising’ booklet which is sent out with booking confirmations - I am happy to drop you an email with a scan of that page if that would be any easier.

In regards to spending money, we cannot recommend what amount you take as it totally depends on what you intend to buy. Just so you're aware, only two of our organised shore excursions for this cruise include shopping opportunities.

There will be two Tour Managers on your cruise and you will be transferred to the ship on arrival in Barbados as part of the cruise fare.

I hope this helps.

Kindest regards,

Monty

Hello,

Thank you

Lynda