Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
I looked into upgrading when flying to and from NZ the price was way of the scale like others say I could do another holiday! For the extra money. I would much rather do that..

Cindy

Hi

The price of upgrades vary according to the route and how popular the destination is. I too would not pay £5k as it can buy me another lovely holiday though it would be nice if I could afford to upgrade!

Jaya

Hi Sylvia,

Good grief that's a high quote! I had mine for a little over £2000 for return flight from Seatle. I feel really extravagant at that price but certainly wouldn't have paid more!

Look forward to our adventure!!

Best regards,

Bridget

Monty

Have just taken the phone call so I'm all booked! Thanks very much for your help.

Mandy/Bridget

Alaska here we come.

I declined the upgrade as quoted over £5K for return and nearly £4K for one way. I'd much rather spend the money on other holidays!

Regards

Sylvia

Hi Sylvia,

You received that letter as you are looking into the flight upgrades. Someone will be calling you in about 30 minutes to confirm your final decision, if that is ok?

There are 10 travellers booked on the trip at the moment, with another 10 spaces available. I can confirm that the tour has been given the green light!!

I hope this helps.

Kindest regards,

Monty

Hi Sylvia and Mandy,

I paid the remainder of the price a couple of days ago. At that time there were still 10 booked but it has been given the green light for the holiday to go ahead!!! May be a few more late bookers before the off date but looks like we are going to be a small but 'very select' group!

The train trip sounds fantastic! I really can't wait to go!

Hi Jellifer, I have paid for an upgrade to business class for the return journey from Seattle to London. VERY expensive but my trip home last year from Namibia was the journey from hell (mostly due to having got the worse dose of flue I've ever had) so I thought 'you only live once' and decided to treat myself!! I'm still having the vapours about the cost but I'm sure I'll get over it!!

Jellifer

Thanks for the warning re the upgrade quote - I'm still waiting....

Mandy

I have not received a confirmation letter yet only a "We hope to be in a position to confirm your holiday arrangements very soon and will contact you as soon as we have all the information we require from our suppliers." So who knows what is happening! I've got a plan B, which is probably the same as yours!

Monty

Any idea what is happening with this tour?

Thanks

Sylvia

Hi Sylvia,

Did you have any joy with the upgrade quote? I'm thinking of booking this trip but the price I got this morning seems incredibly high - double the upgrade price I paid for NZ and it doesn't even cover all flights!

Hi Sylvia and Bridget

I'm sure you weren't mis-informed, perhaps someone has dropped out since I rung to book my excursions. But I was definitely told we had the green light and I'm sure the operator wouldn't have told me that just to secure an extra £300 worth of excursion bookings. After all, there would be no point as it will all be refunded if we don't get to go.

Fingers crossed that we will be lucky though (Monty - how many can this trip take? Have we got the crucial 'green tick' yet?) as I'm getting really excited about it now - did you see Monty's description of our train ride through the Denali National Park - sounds amazing!

Just in case the worst comes to the worst and we get cancelled, I've been taking a look at the brochure and am considering the National Parks tour that leaves a couple of days later as a back up option. I've read some fantastic reviews about it on the Community and it would be a shame to waste the ESTA!

All the best

Mandy

Hi Mandy, Monty has just replied to a message saying there are 10 so far in the trip and advising re cold weather clothing. Getting really excited now!!!!!