Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Hi Guys

Thank you all so much for your replies.

Happy New year and happy travels to you all.

Alex

Hi

When I flew Jet Airways recently, the allowance was 23kg and I think it applied to internal flights as well. When I saw the amount of luggage being checked in by people, I asked the check in staff and she told me that the allowance was 46kg per person (this may only be for the international flight!). In theory we all could have done a lot of shopping and brought back 46kg of luggage! I personally like to travel light as I know it is me who has to carry the suitcase.

Jaya

'lesley07' wrote:

Hi Alex

When I did the Spirit of India tour, if I remember correctly, all the JY luggage was weighed together and provided the overall total weight was ok there were no issues. Things may have changed but 15kgs seems a bit mean.!!!

Lesley

Yes, I remember now in October/ Nov 2015 they weighed the luggage together as a group.

Hi,

I did this tour at the end of October. The allowance then was 23 kg for both international and internal flights. There did not seem to be a weight limit on hand luggage ( though a sensible size needed) Has this changed since then?

Anyway .... Only needed lightweight clothes plus a fleece for early morning and evening game drive in Ranthambore. A scarf/ sarong was fine for any cover ups in tourist sights.

Hi Alex

When I did the Spirit of India tour, if I remember correctly, all the JY luggage was weighed together and provided the overall total weight was ok there were no issues. Things may have changed but 15kgs seems a bit mean.!!!

Lesley

Hi Alex,

I apologise for the delay in response to your post. The lowest allowance is 15kg I am afraid, so it looks like you'll have to pack light - lets hope the weather is good!

Kindest regards,

Monty

Hello Monty

Are you able to advise the baggage allowance for the internal flights on the Spirit of India trip. I note on Jet Airways domestic legs have a tiered baggage allowance.

i.e. standard = 15Kgs, Silver 25Kgs

Have the wonderful behind the scenes guys organised an extra allowance for us or do we need to pack light?

Thank in advance

Alex