Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
'Moderator' wrote:

HI Alan,

I have just confirmed that you will be offered the chance to do this on Day 9 of your holiday. You will have a great time by the look of what your fellow travellers have said!

Kindest regards,

Monty

Hi Monty

Thanks for looking into it for me, it's good to know the usual Just You organisation will take care of the details, I can just concentrate on the enjoyment.

Really looking forward to it. March can't come quick enough.

Regards Alan

I went zip lining some years ago,on a cruise stop in Costa Rica. A truly amazing experience.
HI Alan,

I have just confirmed that you will be offered the chance to do this on Day 9 of your holiday. You will have a great time by the look of what your fellow travellers have said!

Kindest regards,

Monty

'Grecos' wrote:

Hi Alan,

I went zip wiring, an optional excursion on the March tour, in Selvatura Adventure Park, Monteverde. In fact at least 10 of us must have given it a go. A truly memorable experience, not to be missed. There are something like 10 wires, the last, spectacular one being 1 km long, thus high. For anyone who freaks out, there are helpful young gentlemen to go tandem with, but most of us got the hang of it fairly quickly. Just bear in mind that quite a lot of walking & climbing is required between wires, it's humid, the equipment is quite heavy & you can't turn back. Also, I believe there was a 90 kg limit on the last wire, though we weren't weighed! No one did the Tarzan swing at the end, but youngsters from other tours did try the facedown version of zip wiring, the name of which eludes me....they needed even more equipment & guts!! Take your own photos as the "professional" photographer was only offering a DVD, whilst people had hoped for individual photos. A truly great holiday which I'm sure you'll enjoy.

Sheila

Thanks for your reply Sheila, sounds like an amazing experience. I'll have to get in the gym build up my fitness, I don't want to miss out because I'm not fit enough. Always have a camera with me so will be able to take my own pics.

Regards Alan

Hi Alan,

I went zip wiring, an optional excursion on the March tour, in Selvatura Adventure Park, Monteverde. In fact at least 10 of us must have given it a go. A truly memorable experience, not to be missed. There are something like 10 wires, the last, spectacular one being 1 km long, thus high. For anyone who freaks out, there are helpful young gentlemen to go tandem with, but most of us got the hang of it fairly quickly. Just bear in mind that quite a lot of walking & climbing is required between wires, it's humid, the equipment is quite heavy & you can't turn back. Also, I believe there was a 90 kg limit on the last wire, though we weren't weighed! No one did the Tarzan swing at the end, but youngsters from other tours did try the facedown version of zip wiring, the name of which eludes me....they needed even more equipment & guts!! Take your own photos as the "professional" photographer was only offering a DVD, whilst people had hoped for individual photos. A truly great holiday which I'm sure you'll enjoy.

Sheila

Hi Alan, JY did offer it as an optional excursion! Only two did it on my tour but I know on Julie White's tour most people opted to do it.

Cheers,

Bob

Thanks everybody for the replies. Looks likely I'll be able to do a zip wire tour if others have on previous tours. Surprised Just You don't offer it as an optional excursion but happy to organise it in free time if I have to.

Regards Alan

Alan, I went to CR with Travelsphere in April (only because the dates suited better than with JY), there was a zip wire tour, I think it was when we stayed at Monteverde. I didn't go on the zip wire, but my friend did and thoroughly enjoyed it. Hope you love CR as much as I did, it was a truly fabulous, fabulous holiday.

Karen.

Hi Alan,

I did this tour in March last year and we had the option of doing a couple of zip wires while in Monteverde. I didn't do it, but a couple in our group did and really enjoyed it. I'm sure you'll have the option to do this tour as the itinerary hasn't changed.

Best wishes,

Bob

Hi Alan,

I have passed your suggestion over to our overseas team, I will let you know the outcome as soon as possible.

Kindest regards,

Monty