Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Hi nige0556,

I am just checking with the person who knows everything about our exhibitions her at JYHQ, so I will get back to you early next week if possible?

It is likely that we will be sending out an email with an opportunity to apply for free tickets - so you will not miss out (unless you are not on our mailing list...I recommend that you sign up if not)

Kindest regards,

Monty

As I've been before, I just had an email inviting me to apply for free tickets. The email has a forward to a friend button, so I was wondering if the code would work if I posted the details here and secondly whether this would be acceptable to JY?
'jayli' wrote:

'Moderator' wrote:

Hi all,

Thank you for giving us your feedback on these. These advertisements are designed to give you a better experience by personalising the advertisements you see around the internet, to tours that you have shown interest in here on Just You. Rather than other non-relevant adverts that you are not interested in - such as advertisements for: get rich quick schemes.

However, if you would prefer not to see them the control is always yours. To do this, the next time you see one simply click the blue right arrow in the top right hand corner of the advertisement. Then on the next page scroll down to: How can I temporarily disable Criteo services, or: How can I permanently disable Criteo services, and follow the instructions found there.

Once you have done this, this type of advertising from us will then cease to be shown to you depending on the type you selected.

I hope this helps.

Kindest regards,

Monty

Sorry, but I loathe pop-up advertisements, they are so intrusive. The only "good" adverts are the ones I never see!

I click on many of the holidays featured on the JY website - and most other travel websites - purely out of (often transient) interest, which does not necessarily mean that I wish to receive perpetual reminders about them. But, agreed, I would much rather receive potentially interesting and relevant adverts from JY than from most Internet sites.

However, I now no longer receive adverts, "personalised" or not, as I have pop-ups disabled wherever possible in my browsers, and Ghostview installed to block cookies: one or other of these has presumably blocked Criteo as I have never seen a single JY pop-up on computer, iPad or iPhone.

Having read all the reports on this thread, I am starting to feel a little bit left out :-)

Jim

Sorry, 'Ghostery' not 'Ghostview", which is something else entirely.

Jim

Thanks Monty

Have disabled pop ups on my tablet.

Lesley

'janib' wrote:

I have already received a free ticket from Ramblers, usually get a free ticket from the Times Travel Magazine and they send me one as well as I always attend Destinations. This year I paid my Battlefields Tour and booked Richard III of Leicester tour with Voyages of Discovery who are part of All Leisure and happened to be at Destinations.

Big 60th birthday NYE 2016 so shall be looking for ideas :thumbup:

Jan

I obtained one from Ffestiniog Travel last year (they have some very interesting rail holidays), but they don't seem to be exhibiting this time.

I actually like to go twice: once to go round "hands free" chatting to the exhibitors, and once to stock up with holiday brochures.

If you are looking for somewhere different, the people on the Mongolia, Bhutan and Albania stands were all vey interesting last year - but perhaps not for NYE . . .

Jim

'SylviaJ' wrote:

Hi All

Me too re pop-ups. And, can I have a ticket for the holiday exhibition please?!

Sylvia

OK, Monty, that's two of us at the front of the queue for tickets :-)

Jim

'Moderator' wrote:

Hi all,

Thank you for giving us your feedback on these. These advertisements are designed to give you a better experience by personalising the advertisements you see around the internet, to tours that you have shown interest in here on Just You. Rather than other non-relevant adverts that you are not interested in - such as advertisements for: get rich quick schemes.

However, if you would prefer not to see them the control is always yours. To do this, the next time you see one simply click the blue right arrow in the top right hand corner of the advertisement. Then on the next page scroll down to: How can I temporarily disable Criteo services, or: How can I permanently disable Criteo services, and follow the instructions found there.

Once you have done this, this type of advertising from us will then cease to be shown to you depending on the type you selected.

I hope this helps.

Kindest regards,

Monty

Sorry, but I loathe pop-up advertisements, they are so intrusive. The only "good" adverts are the ones I never see!

I click on many of the holidays featured on the JY website - and most other travel websites - purely out of (often transient) interest, which does not necessarily mean that I wish to receive perpetual reminders about them. But, agreed, I would much rather receive potentially interesting and relevant adverts from JY than from most Internet sites.

However, I now no longer receive adverts, "personalised" or not, as I have pop-ups disabled wherever possible in my browsers, and Ghostview installed to block cookies: one or other of these has presumably blocked Criteo as I have never seen a single JY pop-up on computer, iPad or iPhone.

Having read all the reports on this thread, I am starting to feel a little bit left out :-)

Jim

I will defo give that a go, and see if it gets them to stop popping up!!...

Cindy

Hi all,

I hope this helps.

Kindest regards,

Monty

Hi All

Me too re pop-ups. And, can I have a ticket for the holiday exhibition please?!

Sylvia