Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Thanks everyone,

I thought I didn't need it, yes possibly she confused it with ESTA which JY have arranged for me.

Extended my travel cover to worldwide, and warned credit and debit card people, so hopefully all set!

Joy

Not needed in the states, just make sure you have health insurance to a high level, and that it does cover the USA. Take your credit card and debit card and let the company's know your ravelling to the USA.

A lady on a JY tour I did ended up in a cast and the hospital needed a debit card ..

Cindy

Hello Joy,

Is your friend confusing the EHIC with the Esta which you will require for America? Making sure that your medical insurance is also high-it is not cheap in an American hospital :s

Have a great holiday,

Jan

You've probably got it all under control, Joy, but do make sure you've taken out travel insurance because medical costs in the USA are astronomical and there isn't anything like the EHIC out there.

Ann

Hi Joy,

The EHIC is only useful in European countries, so will not be needed in the USA. If you have a connecting flight to a country in Europe, you may want to consider it, but otherwise I would advise against bringing it with you.

Kindest regards,

Monty

Hi

I'm going to the USA with you soon.

A friend has told me I need to take my EHIC card, but I thought that was only needed for EEC destinations. Please clarify.

At one level it doesn't matter as I already have it, but it's just one more thing to potentially lose ;)

Joy