Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
'Moderator' wrote:

Hi Bosuncat,

I'm glad I could help. Yes, unfortunately I will not be joining you on this trip - although this is one holiday that is on my wish list though!!

I am sure you don't smell, as there has been some more bookings on to this trip...the numbers have gone up to 17 people!!

Kindest regards,

Monty

Brilliant. Thank you Monty. 🙂

Hi Bosuncat,

I'm glad I could help. Yes, unfortunately I will not be joining you on this trip - although this is one holiday that is on my wish list though!!

I am sure you don't smell, as there has been some more bookings on to this trip...the numbers have gone up to 17 people!!

Kindest regards,

Monty

'Moderator' wrote:

Hi Bosuncat,

On the Motovun and truffle tasting excursion, all our groups use the bus transfer, as regular coaches cannot go through. However, the bus transfer only gets to a certain point, from which you will have to continue to get to the old town. There is one bar, but I cannot guarantee that it will be open on that day. The local tour manager can advise you where to stop and continue. You can, of course, take in as little or as much of the excursion as you feel comfortable with.

Our boat trip from is from Lovran and will go to Malinska on the Island Krk and Beli on Island Cres. Swimming is possible on Cres if the weather is nice. And if you fancy a swim, just ask to swim there and they will make a stop for you.

Kindest regards,

Monty

Many thanks Monty.

The fact that the group will use the small shuttle bus at Motovun is a great reassurance to me. As I have indicated it is not ascents that bother me but descents so that is great. I am sensible enough to know what I can and cannot do so I shall opt out if I feel that is going to be the best thing for me to do. Looking forward to that trip.

Thank you also for the information on the boat trip. I have never been to Krk so that will be great to see a little bit of it. And I only paddle , do not swim, except in indoor swimming pools. :D

Pity you are not coming! Julia loved her trip to Rabac!

Incidentally have the numbers gone up from last time I asked from 11, with 2 more provisionally booked?

I am glad that you were sensible enough not to answer the smelly question! :thumbup:

Hi Bosuncat,

On the Motovun and truffle tasting excursion, all our groups use the bus transfer, as regular coaches cannot go through. However, the bus transfer only gets to a certain point, from which you will have to continue to get to the old town. There is one bar, but I cannot guarantee that it will be open on that day. The local tour manager can advise you where to stop and continue. You can, of course, take in as little or as much of the excursion as you feel comfortable with.

Our boat trip from is from Lovran and will go to Malinska on the Island Krk and Beli on Island Cres. Swimming is possible on Cres if the weather is nice. And if you fancy a swim, just ask to swim there and they will make a stop for you.

Kindest regards,

Monty

Me again Monty. :P

Not asking about numbers but I am hoping it has gone up from previously mentioned, particulary as the other dates in September have either sold out or are doing so well.

Makes me wonder if I smell. :s:D

Anyway I wanted to ask about the new optional excursion. Motovun and the truffle tasting. I really wanted to do this one as I love hill towns but I have taken note of what is said on the advice about having to ascend an uneven pathway, which obviously means having to DESCEND it again which worries me more. :)

I've done some research and reading on TA it does advise this , i.e cobblestones and some of the photos look a bit iffy for the ascent. However I have read that there is a shuttle bus that is payable and that you can use to get up (and I would imagine) also get down from the village. It's a trip that I would really like to do, so any chance you could find out from one of your sources if this does happen? Failing this I am happy to sit and have a drink somewhere while everyone else goes up to the village provided that there are bars/shops before the ascent. I did a similar thing in Slovenia last year when I knew that I would be struggling to make the descent from Bled Castle and was quite happy to do this. Then I could just participate in the light lunch and truffle tasting.

Secondly. The boat trip. I did this before from Rabac. We were lucky enough to have a brilliant day weather wise and it was great fun. However we never anchored anywhere for a swim and this is something that has never happened on the boat trips that I have been on despite it mentioning this in the itinerary. This doesn't bother me, and we had a nice hour in Cres instead. I am wondering if this boat trip (presumably going from Opatija?) is more likely to land at Krk than Cres as Krk is nearer to Opatija.

If you can't find out do not worry. :thumbup:

Thanks Monty. Useful to know that the numbers are creeping up. :thumbup:

That's a good age range too.

Hi Bosuncat,

We have had an increase! There are now 11 people booked on this tour, with an extra two provisionally booked. 10 out of the 11 confirmed are female, however there will be another male if we are able to confirm his booking. The ages range between mid-20's to early-70's.

I hope this helps.

Kindest Regards,

Monty

Hi Monty. :thumbup:

The 16th September departure is creeping closer and it's reassuring to see that earlier departures in September are filling up.

Have we had any increase on numbers for the 16th September departure from 9? If so can you give me any idea on age ranges and male/female travellers please.

I was hoping to make contact with someone from the trip prior to the airport but at the moment it seems no one is using the forum. 😞

'Julia' wrote:

Hi Bosuncat,

Great to hear you received your documentation.

Yes, you should hear prior to the 24th if this holiday is unable to operate - I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

I can see in the system that you have upgraded your room to one with a partial sea view. Looking at your booking this is at the Excelsior Hotel - Lovran.

The team are still investigating the £999 on the website as the reservation system has it at the normal price!

Kindest regards,

Julia

Thanks Julia. As in my other post re online payment I shall probably have to pay early because of my possible lack of availability in the early part of next week as far as being online. Fingers crossed here too. I see the first departure in September is listed as only 15 places remaining so I live in hope. :s

Hi Bosuncat,

Great to hear you received your documentation.

Yes, you should hear prior to the 24th if this holiday is unable to operate - I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

I can see in the system that you have upgraded your room to one with a partial sea view. Looking at your booking this is at the Excelsior Hotel - Lovran.

The team are still investigating the £999 on the website as the reservation system has it at the normal price!

Kindest regards,

Julia