Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Hi Julia,

Many thanks for this information, my appetite is well and truly whetted!! I await the final line up of optionals with great anticipation!

Best wishes,

Bob

Hi Bob,

So here it is - the long awaited response...

So our team, with the help of our overseas suppliers, have worked on some revised optional excursions which may be available during your stay - however, there may be more available when it comes to dispatching the documentation about 15 weeks before you depart so please consider these as something to whet your appetite....

COBA MAYA ENCOUNTER

Visit the archaeological zone of Coba and discover the amazing Nohoch Muul pyramid, the tallest in Mexico. After a fun bike ride in ancient trails, arrive in a secluded Maya village and enjoy its well preserved natural beauties, lagoons, cenotes, jungle paths and the natural reserves that protects the flora an fauna of the area, rappel down trilling cenotes and soars the canopy in breathtaking zip lines, swim in hidden cenotes and walk thru the jungle learning about the unique Maya environment. Enjoy a lush meal on typical food, soft drinks and mad made tortillas. Keep your memories with the beautiful photographs taken to you by our proud Maya photographers.

COZUMEL ISLAND

With nearly 90 percent of its territory uninhabited, represents one of the most important jewels of the Mexican Caribbean. Cozumel is home to one of the largest reef in the world - The Palancar reef where snorkeling and scuba diving are the best in the world. Jacques Cousteau discovered and explore the marine wonders of this area. Due to the unique beauty of its crystal clear waters all reefs that are found around the island have been declared National Parks. The average temperature is 26-28 degrees Celsius all year round - perfect for lazy days on the beach or in the sea. Cozumel has been recently discovered by the "jet set" international but still retains the traditional flavor and quiet of a Caribbean island.

XCARET PLUS ECO PARK FULL DAY

Xcaret, meaning "Little Cove" in Maya, was for more than 1,000 years one of the most important Mayan ceremonial sites. They were here to purify their souls in the "cenotes" are part of a wonderful area. Today, it is a spectacular ecoarchaeological park which you can not miss. So popular is that it has a saying: "When you go to Xcaret Cancun do not miss." Underground rivers, pools, beach, bird sanctuary, butterflies, turtles, jaguars, crocodiles, botanical gardens and more ... As the sun sets, Xcaret is transformed to present one of the best shows in Mexico. Folkloric show, regional dances, singers, mariachis, Mayan rituals, processions, ball game, and more.

XEL-HA ACQUATIC NATURAL PARK

Finally, the dream of crossing the glass of an aquarium and transported to the fascinating marine world is about to perform. This is Xel-Ha. Xel-Ha is nature as never ever felt, an opportunity to celebrate the biological wealth of the Riviera Maya. Our Natural Wonder and its open-sea aquarium offer land and water activities, ecological attractions, cultural tours between amazing wildlife and world class restaurants. In these scenarios unforgettable beauty you can enjoy experiences that surpass the imagination.

We don't always use tour managers on all of our add-ons, I can confirm you will be in safe hands with our local representative. In terms of numbers, we can take up to 10 travellers on the add-on for your departure date.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Julia

Hi Julia,

Many thanks for this information - although I am a little puzzled! I'm guessing that these optional excursions are the ones currently offered for the Cancun add-on for the 2015 Mexico tour? I say this because the 2016 Mexico, Guatemala and Belize tour includes a visit to Tulum on the way to Playa del Carmen as part of the included itinerary on the main tour! Having said that, according to the brochure/website it doesn't mention Coba or Xel Ha options, so is it possible to do them separately on the add-on without having to duplicate a visit to Tulum?

The Xcaret Park excursion sounds great but I wouldn't want to do Cozumel Island if the only options there are snorkelling and scuba diving! I presume a local guide at Playa del Carmen would meet with us and discuss options and facilitate us as much as possible? It's a bit unsettling that the tour manager wouldn't be on the add on, but I presume we'd be in safe hands with a local guide/representative? How many places are available for the add-on?

Sorry for these extra questions!

Best wishes,

Bob

Hi Bob,

http://forum.justyou.co.uk/forum/thread-71937.html  (I hope it is to your pleasing)

Now in terms of the add on there is more than snorkeling and scuba diving - I have been given the following list of optional excursions

TULUM EXPRESS TOUR 4 HOURS

Direct to one of the most amazing sites of the Mayan world. Tulum is the only place where you can find beachfront Mayan ruins. It was one of the last cities inhabited and built by the ancient Maya. It even managed to survive about 70 years after the Spanish began occupying Mexico. Due to its location on the cliffs of the Caribbean Coast, it used to be an important commercial and political center. Today it is one of the most interesting Mayan sites to visit, certainly also because of its magnificent white-sandy beaches with the sublimely turquoise waters, rivaling the best of the Caribbean. At the archaeological site, our bilingual expert guide will take you to the “castle”, “the temple of the frescoes”, and “the house of the columns”, while telling you about the fascinating Mayan civilization.

TULUM & COBA

Tulum is the only place where you can find beachfront Mayan ruins. It was one of the last cities inhabited and built by the ancient Maya. It even managed to survive about 70 years after the Spanish began occupying Mexico. Due to its location on the cliffs of the Caribbean Coast, it used to be an important commercial and political center. Today it is one of the most interesting ancient Mayan sites to visit, also because of its magnificent white-sandy beaches with the sublimely turquoise waters, rivaling the best of the Caribbean. At the archaeological site, the “castle”, “the temple of the frescoes”, and “the house of the columns” are some of its most attractive sights. Then departure to Coba, one of the most important and oldest Mayan treasures in the region. The site contains many temples as well as the legendary ball game area. After a 1.5 km walk we arrive at the Nohoch Muul Pyramid (the tallest in the region) from the top of which you may enjoy a wonderful view of the amazing sub-tropical jungle that surrounds Coba.

TULUM / XEL-HA

Tulum – Xel Ha is the best combination between Mayan histories at Tulum, the only archeological zone in the area overlooking the ocean and is believed to have been the largest port for the Mayans and the Xel-Ha the most spectacular natural aquarium of the world; you experience the real aquatic adventure. Explore this theme park and enjoy all it has to offer lagoons, natural wells and ancient caves fed by subterranean rivers flowing to the beautiful Mexican Caribbean Sea.

XCARET PLUS FULL DAY

Xcaret Park is Mexico's sacred paradise. It is a beautiful place full of culture and nature where you can enjoy amazing aquatic activities, cultural attractions and shows. A space filled with the natural beauty of the Caribbean Sea and the magic of a thousand-year-old civilization. The perfect place to experience the best of the history and traditions of Mexico.

At Xcaret you will find more than 40 attractions of nature and culture such as a Butterfly pavilion, with native butterflies of the Yucatan Peninsula in their natural habitat, a unique Coral Reef Aquarium, an authentic Mexican Cemetery built cone-shaped with seven levels and 365 different tombs, and a henequen hacienda in which you will find the Museum of Popular Mexican Art.

Take a walk through the Tropical Jungle Trail and learn about the plants from where the gum, cinnamon and vanilla come from. Admire the views of the sacred paradise of Mexico and the Caribbean Sea from the Rotating Scenic Tower, whisper your secrets in the House of Whispers, marvel at the smells and colors in the Living Museum of Orchids and explore the pristine waters of the underground rivers.

At the end of the day, be amazed with the celebration of Xcaret Mexico Espectacular, a musical show that takes you on a journey through the history of Mexico since pre-Hispanic times to the most traditional and typical. Witness a Mayan ball game, a representation of the encounter of two worlds, and a party full of magic, light and color that will surprise your senses. Come and live Xcaret!

COZUMEL ISLAND FULL DAY

Visit Cozumel, located just off the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula, in front of Playa del Carmen.

With its Mexican heart and Caribbean soul, Cozumel appeals to all sorts of travelers. Cozumel is most of all renowned for its incredible snorkeling and diving, thanks to the sea’s remarkable clarity. Whether you are a pro-diver or a first-time snorkeler, the island is sprinkled with accessible sites for underwater exploration of one of the world’s largest reef systems that teems with tropical fish and marine life.

After Jacques Cousteau declared Cozumel to be one of the most spectacular diving sites in the world in 1961, people from every corner of the planet now come to discover this underwater Caribbean biosphere.

Several ecological parks, such as Chankanaab and Faro Celerain (Punta Sur), offer the most popular snorkel and dive sites for all levels. If you’d prefer to escape the tourist areas, no worries, because on this small 48-km (30-mile) by 16-km (10-mile) island, roughly only six percent is actually developed, leaving a jungle-like interior and deserted beaches for rest and relaxation.

Although it’s only 35 minutes from the Riviera Maya mainland, Cozumel provides blissful isolation if you wish.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi Julia, I asked a question about this fantastic new holiday a few days ago but no sign of a reply so far - perhaps you are still chasing up the answer? Anyhow, I'm still thinking very strongly about booking it as it sounds wonderful. There is little information in the brochure (which arrived today, thank you!) about the add-on and none on the website! In the brochure it says a variety of optional excursions will be available on the add-on, can you please find out what they are? I've read reviews of the hotel at Playa del Carmen and it sounds wonderful, so I would probably book the add-on but before I make up my mind, I'd like to know what the optional excursions are. I'm hoping there's more than snorkeling and scuba diving, as I am not a swimmer!

Best wishes,

Bob

PS Can you convey to the holiday creators just how excited I am about this holiday? Many thanks!