Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
'mikew' wrote:

Hi Jan,

I did this tour last April and found that it was very easy to exchange Sterling whilst I was there. I would always hesitate to contradict Julia, but there is no need to take USD to exchange into Dinar; you will be able to exchange Sterling just as easily as USD or Euros, and at a better rate than you will get at home.

I notice that JY have changed the hotel in Amman from last year, otherwise I could have given you directions to a very good general store where you can exchange currency. However, I'm sure that your TM or local guide will be able to advise you whilst you're in Amman.

There is also a very good bureaux de change at Petra in the Petra Visitor Centre. The visitor centre consists of a number of shops and restaurants built around a central square. As you exit the square at the far left hand corner on your way to the Petra site, you will see the bureaux de change ahead of you on your right hand side.

So to summarise, if you want to take some Dinar from UK to get started that's fine but not essential, and you'll easily exchange Sterling while you're there. I personally took enough Dinar to last a couple of days and then exchanged Sterling in Amman and Petra.

Hope this helps and have a great time

Mike

Thanks Mike. I will take mainly sterling. If I can I'll get a small amount of dinar to last the first couple of days. Really looking forward to it... Sounds a great itinerary.

'Julia' wrote:

Hi Jan,

We recommend that travellers take Sterling or US dollars cash to obtain the best possible rate of exchange in Jordan. Hotels usually charge a higher rate of commission than banks and official bureaux de change. ATMs can be found in most of the larger towns. The Tour Manager will be on hand to point you in the best direction to exchange any money.

The electrical supply in Jordan is 220 volts, so we recommend you pack a universal electrical adaptor.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Thank you for your prompt reply and help

Hi Jan,

I did this tour last April and found that it was very easy to exchange Sterling whilst I was there. I would always hesitate to contradict Julia, but there is no need to take USD to exchange into Dinar; you will be able to exchange Sterling just as easily as USD or Euros, and at a better rate than you will get at home.

I notice that JY have changed the hotel in Amman from last year, otherwise I could have given you directions to a very good general store where you can exchange currency. However, I'm sure that your TM or local guide will be able to advise you whilst you're in Amman.

There is also a very good bureaux de change at Petra in the Petra Visitor Centre. The visitor centre consists of a number of shops and restaurants built around a central square. As you exit the square at the far left hand corner on your way to the Petra site, you will see the bureaux de change ahead of you on your right hand side.

So to summarise, if you want to take some Dinar from UK to get started that's fine but not essential, and you'll easily exchange Sterling while you're there. I personally took enough Dinar to last a couple of days and then exchanged Sterling in Amman and Petra.

Hope this helps and have a great time

Mike

Hi Jan,

We recommend that travellers take Sterling or US dollars cash to obtain the best possible rate of exchange in Jordan. Hotels usually charge a higher rate of commission than banks and official bureaux de change. ATMs can be found in most of the larger towns. The Tour Manager will be on hand to point you in the best direction to exchange any money.

The electrical supply in Jordan is 220 volts, so we recommend you pack a universal electrical adaptor.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi,

I am on this holiday - jordan 25th April. Please could anyone tell me if I need to take Jordanian Dinars with me ... Or can I change pounds, euros or dollars easily there. If the latter, which of those currencies would be best to take. Also what type of plug adaptor do I need. Looking forward to the holiday and meeting fellow travellers .

Hi David, I did this tour last November and had a fantastic time - one of my most enjoyable holidays. You will see and do a lot in a week in Jordan and this tour takes in all the highlights. I recommend you do the semi submersible submarine whilst in Aqaba, not expensive and a very interesting experience seeing coral and tropical fish and more! Our tour manager organised this for us, as it wasn't part of the itinerary but you can also organise it yourself from the hotel. Petra and Wadi Rum were amazing!

Hope you have a great tour,

Bob

Hi David,

At the moment there are 21 travellers booked on this trip with just 4 places left.

The group is made up of 5 men and 16 women and the Tour Manager provisionally allocated to this trip is Jennifer Walley.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Julia

Could you please inform me of the number of people on this tour, M/F ratio and who the Tour Manager is likely to be.

Thank you

David