Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Me again Bob.

I looked at Lake Ohrid. I remember looking at this one thinking it was good. Maybe I should give this one a bit of thought as I'd like to see Albania.

I've been to Kotor in Montenegro and Dobrovnic. Everyone knows Dubrovnic is great and Kotor I'm pleased to say is set in a supremely scenic location. I sailed in on a cruise ship last year. One of the best sail in and later sail out I've ever had no kidding. We climbed up to the Venetian fort on the hillside. Wonderful views.

Angie

Hi Bob,

I think your decision to do Nepal in November is spot on - if you decide to go ahead. March etc apparently don't have as good visibility for the mountains.I would be looking to do in November too but a year later! I haven't done India yet thus the add on appealing to me. If I were you I wouldn't likely do the add on just for one particular place.

Angie

Hi Angie,

Yes I followed your trip with Dave closely as it's on my wish list as well! My big trip for next year is Namibia in May and I've also booked Lake Ohrid for 9 Sept, it sounds a brilliant itinerary but there are only two booked so far! Have a look at it and see what you think! I'm still thinking about Nepal for Nov with TS, but it depends on whether I've enough money for it and I'm going to wait and see how things are next summer before booking. If I do the Nepal tour, I'll write a review so you can see what I thought of it. I wouldn't do the add-on as I've seen Delhi and Agra before - I would be interested in seeing Amritsar but can't justify the extra expense and I won't have enough holiday leave left at that stage anyhow!

Best wishes,

Bob

Hi Bob,

As you may recall I went with TS to Peru in September. I booked the trip in February, I thought well in advance but was kept in suspense for a few days til they were able to confirm the booking. I therefore jumped in and booked Cambodia to avoid any disappointment plus I got £150 off for early booking which covers the visas.

I was perhaps a bit hasty as I too really like the look of TS Nepal with India add on as it goes to Amritsar. I'm pretty convinced all being well I will do this in 2016 if it's still going. Gosh that sounds years away but 2015 is just around the corner. The walking JY trip to Nepal looks very good but like you, I think you'll see more with TS.

I need to do something before November next year but am totally undecided. Trying to strike the balance between an exciting place without spending a fortune. I did Jordan last year but nothing is jumping out at me that fits my criteria. May need to up my budget a bit!

Angie

Hi Angie,

That sounds a great tour and I think you're right, you definitely see more when travelling by land - I love looking out the window of the coach and seeing a flavour of local life! Hope you have a great time,

Best wishes,

Bob

Thanks Julia.

The TS tour I'm doing in November 2015 (!) is Cambodia & the Mekong Delta. I know JY done it last year but I couldn't make it then. I also know JY has similar tours presently but the one I have selected has no internal flights so I felt I would experience more of the people and the landscapes. No doubt I will be in touch nearer the time for any info you can glean!

Angie

Hi Angie,

I'm interested to hear which TS tour you've booked for November, if you wouldn't mind telling us? I'm thinking of booking Nepal for next Nov with TS, as I don't want to do the JY walking tour but I won't be booking it (if I decide to do it) until the summer.

Best wishes,

Bob

Hi Angie,

At the moment there are 4 travellers booked on the 16th April date with ages early 60s+

There are 2 travellers booked on the 30th April date, both in their early 70s.

I was intrigued about which tour you'd booked for November 2015 so had a quick look - I agree, it is a great itinerary and as its a destination that is very much on my "to visit" list, I'd love to know what you think of the tour.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi Julia,

I'm thinking of trying out the JY walking holiday in northern Cyprus. There are two dates in April.

I've never asked before on any previous holidays I have booked as age doesn't really mean anything so out of pure curiosity, can you let me know numbers booked and ages - for both dates if that's ok.

I've already booked a TS holiday for Nov 2015! It's so far in advance who knows if there will be any other solos let alone their ages! It's the itinerary that counts.

Thanking you in advance.

Angie