Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
'Grahame' wrote:

Hi Bob,

I was a little concerned by the fact that you did not have time to do Las Vegas by night due to a coach breakdown. Bearing this in mind, did you feel that you spent enough time in Las Vegas and also, were you reimbursed for missing the tour ?

This however, did not put me off booking.

I have a Nikon DSLR and have recently bought a Sigma wide angle lens which I believe will be perfect for this holiday especially after using it in London and on the Surrey Downs over the last couple of weeks and seeing the results !

I would like to thank you for your fantastic review as it made a big difference to my decision to book this holiday, as well as the great customer service I have received from Just You.

All the best,

Grahame

Hi Grahame,

We had a lovely brand new coach that unfortunately broke down a couple of hours away from Vegas - by the time we arrived at the hotel it was about 9pm and, in consultation with the driver and the group the TM decided it was too late to do the tour. Those who were still keen to seen Vegas by night got taxis up to the Fremont St area, organised by the TM. I'd done it before so wasn't worried. The next morning we had an extended day tour to help compensate. I also received a lovely letter from JY and a refund for the missed excursion. Thanks again for your kind comments. The wide angle lens should be great, especially at the Grand Canyon and Bryce.

Hi Sylvia,

Thanks for your camera advice, gratefully received! I'm rushing now to get ready for my Jordan tour so apologies for the quick reply!

Best wishes,

Bob

I've just got back from the National Parks trip and took the Plane flight over Monument Valley and Helicopter over the Grand Canyon - both totally amazing and something that will live with me forever. Well worth the money; as for the rest of the parks and canyons each was spectacular in it's own unique way.
Hi Bob,

I was a little concerned by the fact that you did not have time to do Las Vegas by night due to a coach breakdown. Bearing this in mind, did you feel that you spent enough time in Las Vegas and also, were you reimbursed for missing the tour ?

This however, did not put me off booking.

I have a Nikon DSLR and have recently bought a Sigma wide angle lens which I believe will be perfect for this holiday especially after using it in London and on the Surrey Downs over the last couple of weeks and seeing the results !

I would like to thank you for your fantastic review as it made a big difference to my decision to book this holiday, as well as the great customer service I have received from Just You.

All the best,

Grahame

Just returned from this holiday and took nearly 450 photographs. I always thought the Grand Canyon would be the highlight, but some of the other parks and canyons were equally impressive. Take a spare battery and plenty of storage!

You are in for a truly amazing holiday.

'BGray' wrote:

Hi Grahame,

I'm delighted you found my review helpful! Just before I went on the National Parks tour I bought myself a new camera - my first DSLR as I reckoned if I was ever going to buy one, this tour would be the one I'd need it for! I was very glad I did, as even though I am by no means a good photographer, I was very pleased with the photos I took - the views were the most stunning I've ever seen. We had plenty of time at each of the parks to take dozens of photos and to take in the views as well. I took video as well, so I was very busy! Even looking out the coach from day 3 onwards you will be rewarded by amazing views day after day.

I really hope you enjoy this tour as much as I did!

Best wishes,

Bob

Hi Bob,

You may already know this, and if so my apologies, but if your camera has a manual function, set it to Shutter Priority, some thing 1/1500 - 1/2000 if possible, and set the film speed to about 200, or 400 depending on light, and you will be able to take photos from the coach window if the road is smooth enough.

I have done this very successfully with a Canon G11. But on a long haul I would make room for the DSLR.

Sylvia

Hi Grahame,

I'm delighted you found my review helpful! Just before I went on the National Parks tour I bought myself a new camera - my first DSLR as I reckoned if I was ever going to buy one, this tour would be the one I'd need it for! I was very glad I did, as even though I am by no means a good photographer, I was very pleased with the photos I took - the views were the most stunning I've ever seen. We had plenty of time at each of the parks to take dozens of photos and to take in the views as well. I took video as well, so I was very busy! Even looking out the coach from day 3 onwards you will be rewarded by amazing views day after day.

I really hope you enjoy this tour as much as I did!

Best wishes,

Bob

Thanks Julia for your reply.

I have read Bob Gray's review of this trip as well as others which I have found extremely informative. I'm already beginning preparations for this holiday of a lifetime !

My passion is photography and I am hoping that there will be plenty of time for me to take many photographs.

Hi Grahame,

I do hope you enjoy your first Just You holiday. There have been quite a few reviews of this trip in the past 12 months, so I would recommend reading through some of these for a few hints and tips and of course to whet your appetite too!

In terms of the Grand Canyon flight, this was pre-bookable for 2014 so I would imagine that this will be the case for 2015 (I have to wait for the first departure excursions to be loaded into the system to confirm this). If you give me a nudge towards the end of January, I can double check this for you.

At the moment there is no change in the number of travellers on this date - but this still a very encouraging number given that we are still 12 months away from departure. When you nudge me to confirm you will be able to pre-book your excursion, remind me and I'll also update you on the numbers.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi Julia,

I am booked to go on my first holiday with Just You to National Parks and little Big Horn trip on 14th October 2015 which I am really forward to.

Could you advise me whether it will be possible to pre book the flight over the Grand Canyon excursion please, rather than book it when I arrive in America ?

Could you also tell me the numbers booked for this date as when I booked this holiday in June, I understand that there were already 5 people booked which is very encouraging.

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards, Grahame