Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Hi Sally, my flight gets in around 9.20am and I have to change terminals and check in, so I'll hopefully meet you at the Harlequin Alehouse around 11am - I've never heard of it but will hopefully find it ok! Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday!

Cheers,

Bob

Hi guys

Just a couple of days to go now. I will be at Heathrow from around 9.30am (thanks to a ridiculous Sunday bus timetable!) and after a bit of shopping will be first at Pret for coffee then Harlequin Alehouse for brunch, probably around 11am. All are welcome to join me, otherwise see you at the departure gate. The forecast is for rain / snow showers and wind so I will be wrapping up warm.

Sally

Hi Caroline,

I have been advised that travellers will arrive at the blue lagoon at roughly 10:00 and leave at about 12:00, however timings are subject to change when abroad (e.g to accommodate for local conditions).

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi Julia

Would you have approximate timings for the Blue Lagoon visit on 17th March? I would like to book a treatment in the spa, and need to know when we arrive and leave.

Thanks,

Caroline

Hi Sally

Yes- I spotted the extra excursion in the final paperwork. Sorry you've been messed around as you took the time to book for us but, I agree, it will be more fun going with the big group (assuming that they all sign up for it) than just a couple of us.

I've called and booked on the JY Whale Watching excursion now so please go ahead and claim your refund for the ticket you booked for me. Let me know if they charge you any admin fees for cancellation and I'll happily re-imburse you.

12 days and counting - one of my colleagues has just got back and said that Gulfoss on the Golden Circle was the highlight for him. So much so that he's arranged a surprise trip to take his wife back to Iceland again in October!

See you soon

Mandy

Hi Sally,

I too noticed the whale watching trip offered by JY in the latest documents. I'll cancel with Elding as I don't want to be the only person from our group taking their excursion, and book with JY.

Thanks for the information on Iceland Air - I'll look into that.

Cheers

Mike

Hi Julia,

Thanks for that extra info, I'm going to ring the office tomorrow to book it! And thanks Sally for sorting this out for us!

Best wishes,

Bob

Hi Sally,

I have spoken to my colleague who looks after this tour to get some more information about the excursion.

So, this wasn't included in the brochure or the 15 week information as they weren't planning on running the trip, but as it has been so popular with our Travelsphere Icelandic Splendours tour, they have decided to offer this to Just You travellers too. I have asked who the excursion was with and I have been informed it is with Special Tours.

Kindest regards,

Julia

I received our final paperwork on Friday and was very surprised to see an optional whale watching trip available for the afternoon of Day Two. I have enquired with the office who don't think its with the same company as the one Mike and I have booked. Mandy / Mike - Bob and I discussed it over the weekend and both think it would be nicer for us to go with the group rather than just the four of us and as we can get a full refund from Elding that it would be best to cancel our reservations with Elding and book individually with JY for the trip they are offering. I hope this is okay with you both.

On the plus side if you sign in the Iceland Air website with your booking reference you should be able to pick which seat you want on the plane.

Less than a fortnight to go now.

Julia

I have just received my final paperwork for this trip and see that there is now a pre-bookable only whale watching trip available on the afternoon of Day 2. This hasn't been mentioned previously, either on the paperwork or in the brochure and as I'm sure you are aware, four of us have already booked a trip for that afternoon. Are you able to tell me whether it is the same trip (Winter Whale watching with Elding at 1pm) or is it with a different company? I don't know how the others feel, but I Would much rather go with the group than just the four of us.

Sally