Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Hello Jean,

I wondered if you would like to arrange to meet at the airport for coffee/bite to eat prior to our flight.

I am staying overnight at a hotel in the Manchester area on the Wednesday night due to the early flight. I've never flown from Manchester before.

I would be happy for Julia to give you my e-mail address.

Kind regards

Sharon

Hi Sharon, yes that would be good. I'm happy for Julia to pass on my email address to you too. How does that work? I'm staying with family nearby so hoping for a lift to the airport! I was thinking of checking in about 6. I like to be early!!

Jean

Hello Jean,

I've read that the average temperatures for mid-September are mid-20s and the forecast seems to be heading that way, although there have been several days with 30/31 this last week! I hope it will be a little cooler than that!

Sharon

'Timaru' wrote:

Thank you everyone for your input on this, it's much appreciated.

Jean, I look forward to meeting you in a fortnight :-)

Sharon

You too! It's come round fairly quickly! Assume temperatures will be mid 20s. Is that correct she asks hopefully?

Jean

'JeanK' wrote:

Thank you for all the input re Tuscany. I'm also going 11 Sept, flying from Manchester and I've booked both optional tours on the basis that whilst I'm there, I might as well see as much as I can! No one has said anything bad about either tour, so hoping all will be well.

Jean

Hello Jean,

I wondered if you would like to arrange to meet at the airport for coffee/bite to eat prior to our flight.

I am staying overnight at a hotel in the Manchester area on the Wednesday night due to the early flight. I've never flown from Manchester before.

I would be happy for Julia to give you my e-mail address.

Kind regards

Sharon

Thank you everyone for your input on this, it's much appreciated.

Jean, I look forward to meeting you in a fortnight 🙂

Sharon

Thank you for all the input re Tuscany. I'm also going 11 Sept, flying from Manchester and I've booked both optional tours on the basis that whilst I'm there, I might as well see as much as I can! No one has said anything bad about either tour, so hoping all will be well.

Jean

'Timaru' wrote:

Thank you both for sharing your experiences.

I have booked both the Elba and Lucca tours to make the most of the time there. I am sorry to hear that you had bad weather Bosuncat, I'm hoping the weather won't be TOO hot like Cindy experienced. I'll be packing my Factor 50 as I'm very fair skinned.

Please can I ask you about the ease of changing 50 Euro notes; I got my currency when the exchange rates were most favourable and have some 50 Euro notes. I am thinking the hotel will accept them for the bar bill but how flexible are shops?

Hi, Timaru

I would agree with what has been said before. Jonathan Clarke is a superb Tour Manager.

I would also highly recommend both the optional excursions to Lucca and the Island of Elba.

I have given you the url below to my review of the tour last September.

http://www.justyou.co.uk/forum/thread-58227.html 

Enjoy Tuscany.

Douglas.

:D

I changed a 50 Euro in the resort okay and the hotel is always amenable! :thumbup:
I don't think the €50 will be to much of a problem, I am sure the hotel would be able to break a few down for you,

Cindy

Thank you both for sharing your experiences.

I have booked both the Elba and Lucca tours to make the most of the time there. I am sorry to hear that you had bad weather Bosuncat, I'm hoping the weather won't be TOO hot like Cindy experienced. I'll be packing my Factor 50 as I'm very fair skinned.

Please can I ask you about the ease of changing 50 Euro notes; I got my currency when the exchange rates were most favourable and have some 50 Euro notes. I am thinking the hotel will accept them for the bar bill but how flexible are shops?