Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Thanks Julia,

Have now booked!

'DavidG' wrote:

Hello Julia,

Having been on so many JY holidays (12 + 2 more booked) I am running out of places to which I really would like to go. Looking at your website I ignored this holiday at first as I have already been to China with JY. However, browsing your catalogue I noticed the Tibet add-on which is not mentioned on your website.

Strange as this will be a big attraction for many like myself.

That was well spotted David, I only use the brochure as I find it much easier to just flick through pages, but hopefully this will encourage a few more people who only use the website towards booking.

There's still stacks of time to book yet but, the fact that there are at present only 14 places available for each date of the Tibet add-on for those who want to do it, prompted me to book my place over the weekend just in case this becomes popular, there's no telling with new holidays, it could take off, it could flop, only time will tell.

I went to China in 2007 so I'm glad JY have expanded to Southern China.

Hi David G

Thanks for spotting this - it should be on the website.

I have raised it with my colleague who will be investigating today and you should be able to read the full itinerary online in the next day or two.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hello Julia,

Having been on so many JY holidays (12 + 2 more booked) I am running out of places to which I really would like to go. Looking at your website I ignored this holiday at first as I have already been to China with JY. However, browsing your catalogue I noticed the Tibet add-on which is not mentioned on your website.

Strange as this will be a big attraction for many like myself.

'Julia' wrote:

Good Afternoon Avocet,

It is early days, but we are seeing bookings on these dates. At the moment there are 3 travellers booked on both dates. In May, all travellers are taking the Tibet add-on, in June, one traveller is on the main tour only with the other two booked for the add-on. The holiday advisor did provide you with accurate information in that we can take up to 14 travellers on the Tibet add-on.

In answer to your other question, you would have been provided the name and number of the Holiday Advisor as we try to ensure that customers don't have to deal with half a dozen different people when they make an enquiry then go on to book. We've found that it's a much better experience for our travellers if they speak with the same person. Which leads nicely onto commissions....

and for this, it's not a straight yes or no answer. Our Contact Centre Managers have strict Quality Assurance measures in place for our advisors. This means that an advisor would be eligable for commission only if they meet or exceed the criteria they are assessed against on all of the sales and enquiries that they deal with in the reported time.

Hope all of that helps.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Umm, interesting, thanks on all counts Julia

Good Afternoon Avocet,

It is early days, but we are seeing bookings on these dates. At the moment there are 3 travellers booked on both dates. In May, all travellers are taking the Tibet add-on, in June, one traveller is on the main tour only with the other two booked for the add-on. The holiday advisor did provide you with accurate information in that we can take up to 14 travellers on the Tibet add-on.

In answer to your other question, you would have been provided the name and number of the Holiday Advisor as we try to ensure that customers don't have to deal with half a dozen different people when they make an enquiry then go on to book. We've found that it's a much better experience for our travellers if they speak with the same person. Which leads nicely onto commissions....

and for this, it's not a straight yes or no answer. Our Contact Centre Managers have strict Quality Assurance measures in place for our advisors. This means that an advisor would be eligable for commission only if they meet or exceed the criteria they are assessed against on all of the sales and enquiries that they deal with in the reported time.

Hope all of that helps.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hello Julia

I know its still early days yet but could you please tell me how many people have already booked for 3rd May and 7th June with the Tibet add-on. When I made a phone enquiry a few weeks ago I asked how many places would be available for the Tibet add-on (don't want to miss out) and was told 14. Would this be correct?

Also, and I know this may seem like a strange question to ask as I know its pot luck as to who picks up a call, do Holiday Advisors earn commission on the holidays they sell? The reason I ask is that when I made a couple of "enquiry only" calls recently the Advisors seemed quite keen to get me to book and gave me their names and extension numbers to call back if I decided to go ahead. This may always have been the practice and just a way of giving a friendly service, I have booked 16 holidays in the past with a straight booking through an Advisor so have never come across it before. Just curious.

Many thanks

Avocet