Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Spaniel

great tour your in for some fun...

I took mostly cash HKG and NZ $ credit card and debit card.

there were a few extra excursions that the rep sorted out for us which amounted to quite a few extra $ so bare that in mind there might be more extras you can do. I wanted to do a few flights helicopter and seaplane but weather conditions meant I only did 1 helicopter flight.

I did this tour in January 2012 so if you have any questions just ask.

Cindy

'spaniel' wrote:

Having just received my payment details and optional excursions information it is seeming alarmingly real.

Excursions that are arranged with Tour manager in the resort - can these be paid for by debit/credit card? I think on one forum I did read about someone paying for something in the middle of Australia.

I am also thinking about money, what should I do for Hong Kong, realising that that part is a bit of a whirl wind - should I arrange some Hong Kong currency?

Is money loaded on a cash card recommended, as well as debit/credit card for Hong Kong and New Zealand.

I know I could phone and ask your helpful staff these questions, but I thought other newbies might like to know the answers.

Thanks

:blush::thumbup:

Yes it was me who mentioned that a credit card could be used for the baloon flight in Alice Springs.

Regarding a prepaid card I used a Caxton FX Visa credit card for my Singapore, Australia and New Zealand trip with JY.

I picked Caxton because they were the cheapest in amount they took in fee's when doing transactions and they did not charge for using ATM's. I did not have any problems in any of the places I used it. There are other companies that do pre-paid credit cards like the post office, Travelex - Just look on line. The choice is yours.

Good luck and have a fantastic holiday when you go.

Eric

Hi Spaniel,

Its not that long to go (I'm going to guess less than 100 days)!

I'm going to try and address each of your questions below....

Excursions these should be paid in the local currency (HK Dollars or NZ Dollars). When you receive your final information, if payment can be made by credit card for a particular excursion, it will be specified in this document.

Money: the unit of currency is the Hong Kong dollar (HK$) and we would recommend that you take a some local currency with you, credit cards are normally accepted at the larger hotels and shops but please notify your card issuer of your travel plans to avoid any problems using your card whilst overseas.

Travel cards: A number of travellers have been using pre-loaded cards without any issues on other Just You trips - take a look at the following thread for their thoughts on taking these abroad and their preferred suppliers....

http://www.justyou.co.uk/forum/thread-57364.html 

Kindest regards,

Julia

Having just received my payment details and optional excursions information it is seeming alarmingly real.

Excursions that are arranged with Tour manager in the resort - can these be paid for by debit/credit card? I think on one forum I did read about someone paying for something in the middle of Australia.

I am also thinking about money, what should I do for Hong Kong, realising that that part is a bit of a whirl wind - should I arrange some Hong Kong currency?

Is money loaded on a cash card recommended, as well as debit/credit card for Hong Kong and New Zealand.

I know I could phone and ask your helpful staff these questions, but I thought other newbies might like to know the answers.

Thanks

:blush::thumbup: