Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
'spaniel' wrote:

'nixon' wrote:

hello spaniel

I went on the NZ tour January 2012..I did leave a review so please have a look and see if any of your questions are answered there.

Great tour you will have fun, personally I did enjoy the jet boat, if it's the same company I went on it's not that bad and it is fun...

If you have any questions it doesn't matter how silly they might seem just ask one of us will have an answere I am sure..

very long flight but so worth it, try and sleep as much as you can, keep the fluid up I.e. Water and try and walk around it does help.

Take enough clothes for 10 days there are washers and dryers in some hotels not all of them, so make sure its easy to grab and get a load on as others will be thinking the same.

Try and cat nap where you can there are many hours in the road.

Lots to see and do you are in for a great trip.

have fun

Cindy

Dear Cindy

Thanks for the info, I had read your review of the holiday. I am presuming that most is casual wear, with a smarter option available. I do like your comment about never getting your clothes right - that's me!

I am not a person who can cat nap. Many years ago I did a coach tour of West Coast USA also with long journey's and I could not sleep on the coach - so I busy loading my Kindle with reading material.

I will keep watching for info.

Spaniel

Hi,

I always opt for smart/casual, no one really DRESSED up, make sure you have comfy footwear, it's good you can read, reading in a car makes me sick so that's not good for me or others!..I tend to put my iPod on and listen to music,I did download some films etc on to the iPad to watch on the LONG plane journey, it did help pass the time. I did enjoy this tour the scenery is stunning.

Cindy

'nixon' wrote:

hello spaniel

I went on the NZ tour January 2012..I did leave a review so please have a look and see if any of your questions are answered there.

Great tour you will have fun, personally I did enjoy the jet boat, if it's the same company I went on it's not that bad and it is fun...

If you have any questions it doesn't matter how silly they might seem just ask one of us will have an answere I am sure..

very long flight but so worth it, try and sleep as much as you can, keep the fluid up I.e. Water and try and walk around it does help.

Take enough clothes for 10 days there are washers and dryers in some hotels not all of them, so make sure its easy to grab and get a load on as others will be thinking the same.

have fun

Cindy

Dear Cindy

Thanks for the info, I had read your review of the holiday. I am presuming that most is casual wear, with a smarter option available. I do like your comment about never getting your clothes right - that's me!

I am not a person who can cat nap. Many years ago I did a coach tour of West Coast USA also with long journey's and I could not sleep on the coach - so I busy loading my Kindle with reading material.

I will keep watching for info.

Spaniel

hello spaniel

have fun

Cindy

Hi Spaniel,

Welcome to Just You!

Its great that you are jumping in with both feet and joining us on a trip to New Zealand.

In answer to your question, the Hobbiton excursion is on the afternoon of Day 8 after you have visited the Te Puia Thermal Reserve.

There's still some time to decide about the Kawarau jet boat ride - this takes place on day 14 on your day of arrival in Queenstown - it is fast, but exciting and lasts for about an hour.

It's not unusual for travellers to have a hint of trepidation when they travel with us for the first time - take a look through the boards - you aren't alone. But, as soon as you meet with you fellow travellers at the airport those feelings will drift away. We've had some wonderful comments about this trip from past customers - I hope you too enjoy this holiday with us.

In terms of questions, keep them coming - it's what I'm here for.

Kindest regards,

Julia

I am going on my first JY trip to New Zealand (where I have a niece living) leaving on 26 September.

I see that a new optional excursion is Hobbiton movie set. On what day would that be? It seems more me than the option of a Kawarau jet boat ride from Queenstown when we get to South Island (Having seen William & Kate on one!)

Mixture at present of looking forward to it,and trepidation. I have read everything I can on various posts, but still have lots of questions.

Spaniel