Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Thank you Angie.

I think I shall do Seville and the Columbus trip but not that worried about the other two.

This reassurance about the hotel etc has been great from everyone and I hope will help others too.

Thank you all so much. :thumbup:

I went on this holiday 20th May this year and the hotel is great. There is a good choice of free drinks at the bar and you can get small bottles of water free at the bar. There is a fridge in the room with one or two bottles of water in it. The excursion to Huelva is ok if you want to shop but it is just like any other city centre. The other excursions were more interesting and enjoyable for me. Mosquitos weren’t a problem at all but it is always best to be prepared. For meals there is a table reserved for Just You and Jackie the tour manager suggested we all met at around 7.30 to have drinks and then to go in together for dinner. I had a fabulous holiday and met some lovely people. I recommend this holiday.
Meant to say that I noticed that you need a bathing cap and flip flops for the indoor pool at the hotel. Just something from me! 🙂
Thank you Julie and Magpie :thumbup:
Once I'd used my free water up, I just kept the bottle and topped it up from the water machines situated in the restaurant and next to the bar. I got free cappucinnos/lattes from a machine next to the bar too. I was ok drinking wine, which was free, but I don't think the drinks were expensive when you paid for them, and they were good measures.
'Bosuncat' wrote:

:D

Yes It's true. All these years travelling and I have never done an all inclusive. So if everyone will bear with me just a few questions. Hoping it may help others too. :thumbup: These questions are of course in relation to the Barceló Punta Umbria (Costa de la Luz).

1. Extras.

Room Safe. Am I right that you pay extra for this? To be honest I have never used a room safe, but I guess it is advisable?

Mini bar in room. Did previous guests find that it contained much? The most important thing for me to have in the room to be honest is bottled water and plenty of it. Is there a shop on site where I can get big bottles of water? I am assuming anything drinkable in the mini bar is payable as an extra? :)

Pool and beach towels. I know in other hotels where I have been that you have to pay for the hotel towels if you are using them at the pool. I shall take my own probably.

Indoor pool. Do you pay extra for this?

Drinks.

As I read it all drinks that are local beers/wines and spirits and of course soft drinks are FOC? What about cocktails? I do like to have an odd one. What about coffee away from breakfast and at the bar? Is that FOC?

The restaurant.

Have been reading various reviews and they all seem very favourable on the food. Does JY have a reserved table/ tables in the restaurant? I am pretty sure that I shall be okay with the food, but hoping that there is plenty of fish choice.

Entertainment at night.

How did previous guests find it? Is there much variation during the week?

Excursions.

Lovely to have all these included. I shall certainly do Seville (do you have a lot of free time?) and the Columbus trail but not sure about the others. How did previous guests find the excursions?

I want to do as much exploring/walking as I can whilst I am there. To be honest it is the beach and the pine walks that have attracted me. Have previous guests had lots of problems with mosquitoes?

Thanks in anticipation!

This is the best holiday and the hotel, food etc is Brillient, I've been twice and am considering going in June 2015. No mossie bites, you can get free bottles of water at the bar. Everything is free. But please do have a safe, don't think they've ever had any thefts but there's always a first. Go and enjoy this holiday. Seville is great, have been on the boat on the river but for me and others we preferred the horse and carriage, about 60 euros for 1hour divided by four people. It takes you all around the city and you still have time for the cathedral or whatever. Hope this helps, and the tour rep is usually jackie, and nothing is too much for her, she always gives 100% of her time day and night! julie.

Thank you Julia!! I hope it will help other potential bookees as well. :thumbup:

Hugs Jaya! I think if I have a siesta in the afternoon I will do the entertainment.

And naughty Mick! You can come and do the karaoke! :P

Seriously. I know that mosquitoes and I do not agree so will take plenty of protection.

Elaine, If Beer/wine/spirits is free you can mix your own cocktails :thumbup:
Hi Bosuncat

I was not bothered by any mosquitos whilst I was there in May 2012. I personally enjoyed all the excursions. There was plenty of free time as well. I can't comment on the entertainment as I used to have early nights - was still not fit enough following my chemo treatment.

Regards

Jaya

Hi Bosuncat,

Sorry for the delay, we wanted to make sure that you had the most accurate answers so we've been talking to our Tour Manager and overseas agent too....

So

There is a a room safe. There is a cost of approximately 4.32 Euros per day (please note that prices are subject to change)

There are minibars in all of the rooms with 2 bottles of water free of charge. You can buy big bottles of water in the restaurant.

The hotel provides towels for a deposit of 10 Euros, when you return the towel, your deposit will be returned. I understand that it is compulsory to use the towels at the pool area.

The Indoor pool in this hotel in is the Spa area and there is an additional cost of 10 Euros for one hour or 15 Euros for 2 hours (price pp)

Cocktails sadly are not part of the all inclusive menu and there is a charge, self service coffee is free of charge at the bar.

In terms of seating, yes, there is a table for the Just You group and I believe there is about 2 different kind of fish dishes at each meal.

Historically our guests have enjoyed the variation at the hotel and the entertainment in the evening is along the lines of live music, disco, karaoke, jazz, a quiz etc

On to excursions - we get very good feedback on the excursions and the general feeling is that they are a good balance of activity and relaxation. On the Seville excursion you'll get about 3 and a half hours free time after a one hour guided walk. On the Columbus trail you'll take a guided tour at La Rabida monastery and about one hour of free time at Harbour of the Caravels.

For exploring and walking you are travelling to a region where mosquitoes are present, we strongly recommend you are adequately prepared before you start your holiday. We therefore advise (subject to consultation with a qualified pharmacist or your doctor) you purchase high performance mosquito repellent before your trip and apply this regularly during your holiday, including when you go to bed. We would also suggest that you take with you a ‘plug-in’ mosquito repellent device for your hotel room as an extra measure. These, along with DEET based repellents, are available from most pharmacies.

I hope all of this helps and if you have any other questions, please let me know.

Kindest regards,

Julia