Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Julia

Well please don't end up like my kids, they used to stay awake with excitement all Christmas Eve, to then be in a mood all Christmas Day so please try and get some sleep, you don't want to miss out on anything while your over there by being moody!!! LOL!!! Is this tour/trip/holiday something you could formulate into a JY tour! nudge nudge!!

While I am on that thought I have a friend who wants to see uranga tans ??? That's not right spelling you know the apes in is it Borneo? I would adore hands with baby elephants...!!

Cant wait to hear about your experience when you return! That's if you don't fall in love with the cubs and stay there.

Cindy

Hi Cindy,

I'd say it's pretty fab 🙂. It's something I've wanted to do for a long time and everything fell in to place for it to happen this year. I booked it in January and haven't slept properly since due to excitement - I'm like a small child on Christmas Eve! Not that I'm counting, but it's 128 days, 11 hours and 16 minutes until my flight!

Julia

Julia

WOW!!!!! How did you blag that holiday SA and lion cubs, we might never see you again, how fab is that....there's a rather dishy man who devotes his life to baby Roos in OZ, if only I had known that when I went I might never off returned...you will have a holiday of a lifetime seeing them and visiting SA..stay safe over there,there are some rather unpleasant people!

I will take your suggestion on board re the Brooklyn Bridge.

Cindy

Hi Cindy,

There is so much to do in New York and it sounds like you already have so much planned! If you wake up early one morning I'd recommend walking across the Brooklyn Bridge before the hustle and bustle of the city begins. When I walked away from Manhattan I shared the bridge with just one or two others and it was so peaceful and calm yet walking back towards the city it was completely different - absolutely crowded.

This year I am going away and it's certainly no secret (I might have mentioned it one or two thousand times to my colleagues). I'm heading off to South Africa in September to spend two weeks working with lion cubs.

Let me know how the planning goes.

Julia

Julia

Well there's so much to do..I really want to spend time seeing the 9/11 memorial and museum, I was last there in Sept 2006, I really want to go over to Ellis Island and have a nose around there that type of history fascinates me, I am looking into Central Park as last time really only dipped a foot into there, so looking at buggy ride, maybe a walk as they do walking tours, i.e. point out film locations and the history of the park,so would be fun to spend hours!! there, they do bike tours but my days of that are over!! A show would be nice, and shopping, there are many museums churches galleries to take into consideration as well..not forgetting EATING!! So let's hope I make the flight home!

You going away this year that you can tell us about or is it secret?

Cindy

Hi Cindy,

I do what I can 🙂

How is the planning going? Do you have anything planned at the moment?

Julia

Julia

Wow that was a quick reply!!! So one more has joined, so we are getting more people slow but steady wins the race!!!

BOO hoo to there being no lounge meet up! that's always a nice start to a Long Haul tour but not much anybody can do if they don't have one, never mind the labels will be on show for all to see...loud and proud!

I am really looking forward to the tour and I am just having a look around on the internet to see what I can do to fill in the add on time, I must see everything this time as I am not planning on going back!!! AGAIN...

Thanks for the reply

Cindy

Hi Cindy

I can't remember what the last count was (my memory closely resembles a sieve at times) but there now 10 of you booked on the main tour with New York add-on with an additional 6 travellers taking the main tour only.

You are correct, there are no lounge passes on this tour - so make sure you have those luggage labels on show!

Kindest regards

Julia

Hi Julia:thumbup:

Regarding this tour have you had any more bookings, also am I correct that there are no executive departure lounges (passes) for this tour, as I think this is from terminal 5 which doesn't have a executive lounge. I could be wrong.:exclamation:

Cindy:angel: