Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Thanks Julia

your information was very useful and well worth waiting for

Regards Dave

Hi Dave,

I have spoken to a colleague to get accurate information and understand that your main luggage will be stored by our overseas agent before you go on the boat from Puerto Maldonaldo to the Amazon. On your return, you will be reunited with your luggage before flying from Puerto Maldonaldo back to Lima and then on to your return journey to the UK.

In terms of packing I have taken this from the information that is being mailed to customers on their upcoming departure...

Recommended Clothing/Essentials

A Smaller bag is recommended to take with you during your stay at the Amazon

Hand sanitiser

Camera

Torch

Strong insect repellent

Personal Medication

Sun block

Sun hat

Sun glasses

Walking shoes/ boots

Comfortable shoes for the evenings

Thick Socks

Shorts/ three quarter length

Trousers/jeans

T-shirts long and short sleeved.

Waterproof jacket

Fleece

Light jacket with a hood

I hope all of this helps.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi Julia

I am going to Peru with amazon add on in Sept but with Travelsphere and was wondering if you could find out for me regarding separate packing for the amazon, I notice that with JY you go back to Lima for a night before you fly home but with Travelsphere we go direct to the airport for our connecting flights to the uk, I am taking it that our main suitcases will be kept in storage when we go on to the amazon but do we get reunited with our luggage prior to arriving at check in for the flight home to enable us to slip items in such as wash gear and clothing etc so we're not carrying all this with us in the cabin and what items are we likely to need to take with us for the amazon would be handy

hope this all makes sense

Thanks Julia

Dave