Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
'JMD139' wrote:

Am thinking of booking the Vietnam trip in April. Anyone been on this holiday and would recommend it. Are the flights times known? This will be my first holiday going solo and therefore a bit nervous

Hi JMD,

don't worry about being nervous, everyone is on their first trip, but I['m sure as soon as you meet your fellow travellersa those nerves will dissappear and you'll have a great time. Vietnam is a great country, you've chosen a great start to you 'Just You' experience! Have fun!

PA.

'JMD139' wrote:

Am thinking of booking the Vietnam trip in April. Anyone been on this holiday and would recommend it. Are the flights times known? This will be my first holiday going solo and therefore a bit nervous

JMD139

hello and welcome

may I suggest you re post this in the section that says.....Say hello to fellow travellers etc, you will get more of a response from there..

Cindy

Hi, I agree with what has been said so far, I feel that people do read the community to help make up their mind on holidays to take, as I did before I eventually asked my first question on the cummunity. After I booked my first holiday to American Golden West last April, I found the cummunity so useful, just reading about others experiences on this trip, also hints such as best locks to use on the case, easy ways of packing, clothes to take etc
Also agree with everyones comments above.

Must also say that the tour manager for the up and coming Costa holiday in March gave lots of advice through the Community board on lots of things to be aware of for that forthcoming holiday. Would like to see it more often with a Thread of recommendations what to expect on a particular tour.

Eric

Hi Everyone

I also agree with all the other comments. Whilst it will mean more work for everyone at JY who manage this community it will also help to cut down the amount of phone calls to JY. Most of the answers to people's concerns are listed within this community. Having read a lot of posts on here before I booked my first trip helped me a lot in making the decision to travel with JY.

Being in contact with fellow travellers weeks and months before helps reassure the nervous people out there. Meeting the night before at a hotel close tontine airport is also great. I met Mick ( Hi Mick ) and a couple of lovely ladies the night before we went on Route 66. With it being my first trip Mick helped me out with with all my concerns.

You read a lot in this community how people book their first trip after reading the comments posted within the community. For me it can only help everyone if there was more members.

Paul

Hi I agree with the comments that have been made - I have a simple suggestion: when someone books a holiday, a sheet could be included with the confirmation invoice giving details of the forum and encouraging the person to visit it. I agree that only a small percentage of JY folks use it, which is a pity and yes many of the TMs don't know of its existence! I put up a post last week regarding my upcoming Costa Rica holiday, but no one has replied as yet and I know it's booked out! Ah well, looks like I'll be eating by myself the night before at the Premier Hotel...

Cheers,

Bob

It really is a good point Sue raises, 7 is actually a good number some holidays you get no response, it really is a minority that use the forum.

I've been on holidays where a few of us have arranged to meet for a meal near the airport the night before through the forum. On the same holidays I've spoken to others that were not aware of the forum and had been staying over at hotels close by. The response is always the same "Wish I had known was sat in hotel by myself".

On my recent National Parks holiday 3 of us met the night before and 8 of us booked an executive lounge on the morning of the flight, it really is good to make friends from the start of the holiday.

Already made contact with people I'll meet the night before (and on the hol) for my two booked JY hols this year in May (Slovenia) & November(Americas heart & soul).

I always harp on about the website when I am on a tour, I am surprised that even the managers/reps do not know to much about the community either...

I do understand that the more people who use it creates more questions and work for Julia and those behind the scenes!!!

I also was very active in a similar set up when my Son was in the forces, and if it isn't maintained and overseen to a high standard then there are times when things shall I say can KICK OFF, I am not saying that would happen just it all takes time and effort to keep things inline.

Cindy

Hi Sue,

Historically, it hasn't really been advertised other than a homepage banner and link in an email occassionally. However, we do recognise that customers, both new to Just You and seasoned travellers, find the forum very useful so more is being done to create awareness of it. You'll find information about it in the front of the brochure, we have the upcoming Dream Destinations booklet which really promotes the community and members' contributions, and the new website design (coming later this year) has incorporated the desire to bring the forum forward.

We have other ideas (which I'm not allowed to share at the moment) which will also help to promote the community to those travellers that book with us and those that are thinking about joining a Just You trip.

Kindest regards.

Julia