Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
hi going to peru and managed to get mine from nomad travel clinic they have them up and down the country but only in 10 dose phials so you have to book as they only do them once they can use it all with 10 people that day cost was £70 hope this maybe of help http ://www.nomadtravel.co.uk/c-28-clinic-locations.
We are aware that there is a worldwide shortage of the yellow fever vaccine. This was caused by a manufacturing problem back in September 2013. Stocks are increasing on a daily basis and supplies are expected to be back to normal by April 2014. We do still advise that all customers obtain the vaccination if they can find a medical practice that has stock.

If any customer is unable to obtain the vaccine or is advised by a medical practitioner not to have the vaccination, they will need to get an exemption certificate to be shown upon request.

For more information about Yellow fever and to find your local vaccination centre we suggest visiting www.nathnac.org/yellowfevercentres.aspx?comingfrom=country

Hi DavidG,

The advise that we have is that travellers should be vaccinated against Yellow Fever and have proof of the vaccination. We always recommend that people consult with their GP before travelling so that advice can be given based on the individuals medical history. It might be that you GP advises against the vaccination in which case you will require an exemption certificate.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hello Julia,

I too would like to know as I am booked on this trip and am over 70. My practice can obtain as they are a registered yellow fever centre but have heard of problems with oldies like me.

Hi Jilly,

Please don't apologise - it's better that we make sure you are happy with information you receive.

I think the best thing is for one of our team to give you a quick call. Would you be able to drop be an email me (at jmorton@justyou.co.uk) with you telephone number and a convenient time to contact you and I'll get this arranged.

Kindest regards,

Julia

'Julia' wrote:

Hi Jilly Windy Miller,

I understand that you can travel with a Yellow Fever Exemption Certificate, which can be obtained by your GP.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hello Julia,

I'm so sorry to be a nuisance but I am now totally confused about whether to get a vaccination or not. You say that we can get a yellow fever exemption certificate but in the Essential Information pages of your brochure it says 'If you are travelling from South Africa to Zambia ....you will need to be vaccinated against yellow fever and have proof. In transit passengers.... still require proof of vaccination'. Can you please double check which info is correct as I don't want to get there and find the waiver certificate is not enough. Many thanks for your help.

Hi Jilly Windy Miller,

I understand that you can travel with a Yellow Fever Exemption Certificate, which can be obtained by your GP.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hello,

I'm getting a bit concerned as I need to get a yellow fever vaccine for the Zambia add-on but apparently there is a severe shortage worldwide of the vaccine. What can we do? Each clinic I phone is out of stock.