Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
i agree Puer especially on long flights it can be a pain having to get out to visit the loo clambering over someone and it's usually a person who just sleeps or will hardly get up the whole flight, i recall having to really clamber over someone once and struggled to find something to hold onto as was almost in his lap, i almost said wouldn't it be easier if you just got up into the aisle, no some people just will not move
Hi Mark,

We try to pre-seat where we can with any airline but any requests (i.e for window/aisle seats) cannot be guaranteed. Where we are unable to pre-seat, we recommend that customers check in as early as they can.

In some cases, travellers have their own booking reference and can pre-seat on the airlines website, but this depends on the airline and it may also incur an additional cost.

Kindest regards,

Julia

I've flown at least a dzen times between OZ and the UK and many times to/from the states, I always get an aisle seat, as its so much easier to get up and move around, go to loo, attract a steward/ess, without having to climb over someone!
Hi Julia,

With which companies are JY able to allocate seats?

Mark

I always request aisle seats when I first book the holiday. Although it is only a request it has not failed yet.

On a wide bodied aircraft you are more likely to succeed with a request for an aisle seat than for a window seat. Each row has four aisle seats and only two window seats.

I also request non smoking rooms.

'marks' wrote:

Lucky you Cindy, Im 6ft 5 and always get squashed!

Mark

Mark

POOR you, I have a son who is 6ft 8 or could be 9 never quite sure another at 6ft 5 and Hubby at 6ft 4 so me at 5ft 6 is the short one, so I know what it's like to travel with TALL people ...you have my sympathies, I always want an aisle seat hubby wants a window..Hubby and I are doing Egypt in March so that will be the longest hubby has flown for! normally he doesn't do more than 4 hours, he gets so bored!!! No way will he ever to OZ or NZ... Another reason I leave him behind..

Cindy

Lucky you Cindy, Im 6ft 5 and always get squashed!

Mark

Karin

i also was on the December tour along with Shelly, there shouldn't be a problem getting your aisle seat but as Shelly mentioned your tour manager will usually sort your seat preferences on the internal flights and we all got what we requested, i do recommend on the Cairns to Sydney flight a window seat on the left hand side as stunning views of the opera house and bridge coming into Sydney, its only a two and a half hour flight just like going from here to spain really, you'll have a memorable time and i could do it all over again no problem

Dave

In my experience if seats on the plane are in blocks of three the majority of the JY group tend to get aisle or window seats. Think that is to do with the fact that other travellers on board are couples who sit together leaving the end seats available.

My personal preference is a window. As Jan says you can get some amazing views (once remember following the Mississippi river on a Chicago to Memphis flight. Also I'm not a good sleeper on a plane but getting a window alows me to rest my head against a wall (with pillow) which often helps.

On some airlines you can go to the website and change the allocated seat using the reference number on the JY paperwork. Did this with Delta on my last trip but not familiar with Quatas.

Like everyone else, I like to get there early.

I love the window seat- amazing what you see-Orlando and Cairo, the most amazing storms that I would have missed :)

Jan.