Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Hi Pam,

I would recommend a Pre- paid card for your USA tour. I have a Caxton-FX Visa card for that specific reason. Caxton do a number of prepaid cards, Euro's, Dollars and Worldwide. If I was you I would apply for the Dollar one in your circumstances. You load it up with the amount you want to take with you before you go, so you then know your allowance of your spending money. Would recommend you also take some dollar currency with you also.

I went for the Caxton card because I found you got free withdrawals from ATM's and their rates were better than other prepaid card issuers.

Hope this helps

Eric.

As Julia says above, I wrote a review after I came back from Canada last June. The weather in the Rockies was cool (until a fortnight before we got there some of the roads were still blocked with snow) and most of the time I wore a fleece. Once we got out of the Rockies the temperature went up 2 or 3 degrees, the fleeces didn't come out of our bags and bare arms were the order of the day (until we reached Vancouver, where it was generally grey and poured with rain on our last day). So you need to adopt the layered look to cope with all eventualities.

I took some Canadian dollars and a Post Office Canadian Dollars travel card which I used both in ATMs and in the same way as a credit card. I had no problems and cashed in the remaining dollars through the Post Office on my return.

If you do go on this trip, I am sure you will enjoy it and come back with lots of happy memories. Do remember to take a good camera - I came back with over 300 on my new digital camera and still look at them on the computer.

Ann

Hi Pam

I did this holiday a couple of years ago - it's an absolutely superb trip.

With regards to cash, in each of the four places you stay an ATM is always within walking distance so assuming you have a debit card you'll be able to withdraw cash as and when you need it.

Hope this helps!

Michael.

Hi Pam

On my recent trip to the USA and Canada, I took dollars for both countries - however, some of the friends I made on this trip took a money card, and I would have to say that I would do this if I went again as you didn't have to worry about differing currencies. There were no issues in using it in Canada at all. Hope this helps

Best wishes

Anne

PS you will have a great time on this trip, I promise, having done it myself 2 and a half years ago in September.

Hi Pam,

June signifies the start of the summer so you can expect temperatures around 17-20 degrees during the day and it being cooler in the evenings. You'd want to pack a lightweight waterproof anorak as we can't guarantee perfect sunshine everyday.

In terms of money, we don't recommend travellers cheques as these are becoming more and more difficult to exchange. I personally haven't used one of these travel money cards, but I am aware that a number of our customers find these are a perfect solution to travelling without having to carry too much cash.

http://www.justyou.co.uk/forum/thread-57364.html  . You'll see that Ann F took one of these cards to Canada and didn't encounter any problems.

I hope this information helps.

Kindest regards,

I am thinking about doing the Canadian Rockies tour in June and just wondered what the average temperature will be at that time of year. Also is it wise to get a travel money card. I don't have a credit card and when I was in America 2 years ago I took and mixture of cash and cheques but found it difficult to cash the cheques.

Many thanks

Pam