Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Thanks for your answers to my queries, yes it makes sense - I will remember that when I make my next booking!

Lynda

'Julia' wrote:

'LYNDAKNOBEL' wrote:

Hi,

I've just booked this trip with the add on for 26th november, Is the long stopover at KL on the outward journey or just the return one?

Another query, too late for this trip but for future reference. I booked this on JY's website and wanted to pay the deposit by credit card and the final balance with debit card. I know there's a 2% surcharge for credit cards, but when it came up with the final balance another £77 approx was added on so I didn't risk paying with the credit card and used the debit card. Does this mean that if you pay the deposit with a credit card, the surcharge applies to the final balance as well even if final payment is by debit card?

Regards

Lynda

Hi Lynda, on the dates that you are travelling, it is only on the inbound journey where there is a long time in KL.

In terms of booking charges. The 2% credit card charge is applied to the transaction that you are making at that time. If you are only paying the deposit, the 2% will be added to the value of the deposit. When you receive your final invoice, it will show that you have paid the deposit plus charges and the remainder left to pay without charges. Obviously, if you were to then pay the balance by credit card, an additional 2% would be added to the final balance at the point of transaction. Therefore if you were to pay with the debit card you wouldn't be charged the additional 2% on the outstanding balance.

Currently our website does not provide the balance value without the charge if a credit card is selected to pay the deposit.

I hope all of that makes sense.

Kindest regards,

Julia

'LYNDAKNOBEL' wrote:

Hi,

I've just booked this trip with the add on for 26th november, Is the long stopover at KL on the outward journey or just the return one?

Another query, too late for this trip but for future reference. I booked this on JY's website and wanted to pay the deposit by credit card and the final balance with debit card. I know there's a 2% surcharge for credit cards, but when it came up with the final balance another £77 approx was added on so I didn't risk paying with the credit card and used the debit card. Does this mean that if you pay the deposit with a credit card, the surcharge applies to the final balance as well even if final payment is by debit card?

Regards

Lynda

Hi Lynda, on the dates that you are travelling, it is only on the inbound journey where there is a long time in KL.

In terms of booking charges. The 2% credit card charge is applied to the transaction that you are making at that time. If you are only paying the deposit, the 2% will be added to the value of the deposit. When you receive your final invoice, it will show that you have paid the deposit plus charges and the remainder left to pay without charges. Obviously, if you were to then pay the balance by credit card, an additional 2% would be added to the final balance at the point of transaction. Therefore if you were to pay with the debit card you wouldn't be charged the additional 2% on the outstanding balance.

Currently our website does not provide the balance value without the charge if a credit card is selected to pay the deposit.

I hope all of that makes sense.

Kindest regards,

Julia

'cw28' wrote:

Thanks Bob

Thats useful and helpful information.I am looking at doing the add on if I do this trip. Hence the query on flights(as there are a few!) as there is a lot to be seen in `16 days.What time of year did you go? I am looking at november.

Regards

Cathy

Hi Cathy, I went in Feb last year as I wanted to go in the dry season. Since then I have learnt a little more about this wonderful world of ours and its increasingly unpredictable weather! Yes it was dry (except in Hanoi where it rained steadily) but it was overcast a lot of the time - beautiful in Hue and Hoi An and again in Phnom Penh. November I think is in the middle of the southern monsoon, so if I'm right you could have heavy downpours at times, but the upside of this is that when it clears up you will probably have lovely blue skies! Of course, I know at this stage that we can't take the weather for granted anywhere in the world these days so I'm not so cautious about going at certain times anymore, as who knows what the weather will actually be like?!!

Whenever you go, you will have a wonderful time on this brilliant tour. If you are able, do the Cambodia add-on, it is well worth it and many of us preferred it to Vietnam, which is really saying something!!

Cheers,

Bob

I did this trip last September, don't let flights put you off. Only flight back is long wait at Kuala Lumper

Anna

'cw28' wrote:

Thanks Bob

Thats useful and helpful information.I am looking at doing the add on if I do this trip. Hence the query on flights(as there are a few!) as there is a lot to be seen in `16 days.What time of year did you go? I am looking at november.

Regards

Cathy

Hi,

Regards

Lynda

Thanks Bob

Regards

Cathy

Hi I did this tour last year, including the Cambodia add on and the internal flights were not a problem - not much time hanging around airports and not a big deal. We did have an eight hour stopover in KL on the way back which was not as bad as it sounded - a few of us booked into the Plaza lounge which filled in 3 hours and later went for a leisurely meal. JY used to run a KL taster tour to fill in the time, but they've stopped offering this because it can take hours to get through immigration and the traffic through KL can be a nightmare. Pity, as I would have loved to seen a bit of KL. One of our group had friends in the city and was going to meet up with them, but even they finally advised her not to risk it.

This is a fantastic holiday, especially if you do the Cambodia add-on and I certainly wouldn't let the flights put you off!

Cheers,

Bob

Hi CW

On the days of internal flights, you will be at the airport about 1.5hrs before departure and I believe the flights are about an hour and a half (ish).

The 7hr stopover in Kuala Lumpur is due to the flight schedules with Malaysia Airlines, they only have one flight which connects with the flight returning to Heathrow.

Kindest regards,

Julia

I am looking at this trip, and would like to know how much time is spent travelling on the days of the internal flights? As there are a few I am taking this into consideration whether or not to book this trip.l Also the matter of the 7 hour stopover in Kuala Lumpur.Is there a reason why there is such a long wait at the airport? .

Thanks.