Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Hi Mlesleyk,

I certainly did, going on The Vietnam with the add on 26th November - can't wait, only 5 months to go! Also booked Costa de la Luz 9th Sept to keep me going before then!

Best regards

Lynda

quote='mlesleyk' pid='250744' dateline='1403730950']

'LYNDAKNOBEL' wrote:

'BGray' wrote:

Hi I did Vietnam with Cambodia last year and I'd definitely recommend the add-on; for many of us it was the highlight of the tour! The first night at Can Tho was great, in the best hotel of the tour and those who did the early morning visit to the food market enjoyed it. The fast ferry ride up the Mekong to Phnom Penh was enjoyable, watching the scenery and life on the river and we had a couple of stops along the way. Phnom Penh was a highlight, a very attractive city and the royal palaces were amazing. The visit to Section 21 was a very sobering experience, but helped to put their recent history into context. The time spent at Siem Reap was brilliant; we visited Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom and Ta Phrom (where Tomb Raider was filmed) and had a day on Tonle Sap lake as well. All meals were included and they were even tastier than the food in Vietnam. All in all, a great ending to a superb holiday. Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Bob

Hi Mlesleyk and Bob,

Thanks very much to both of you for your replies. Sounds wonderful Bob, my mind's definitely made up now I'm going for the add on!. It would be a shame to go all that way and miss out on it. Roll on payday Friday then I can book it!

Best wishes

Lynda

Hi Lynda

Did u ever book the trip. I finally took the plunge and booked with add on for 22 October

'LYNDAKNOBEL' wrote:

'BGray' wrote:

Hi I did Vietnam with Cambodia last year and I'd definitely recommend the add-on; for many of us it was the highlight of the tour! The first night at Can Tho was great, in the best hotel of the tour and those who did the early morning visit to the food market enjoyed it. The fast ferry ride up the Mekong to Phnom Penh was enjoyable, watching the scenery and life on the river and we had a couple of stops along the way. Phnom Penh was a highlight, a very attractive city and the royal palaces were amazing. The visit to Section 21 was a very sobering experience, but helped to put their recent history into context. The time spent at Siem Reap was brilliant; we visited Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom and Ta Phrom (where Tomb Raider was filmed) and had a day on Tonle Sap lake as well. All meals were included and they were even tastier than the food in Vietnam. All in all, a great ending to a superb holiday. Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Bob

Hi Mlesleyk and Bob,

Thanks very much to both of you for your replies. Sounds wonderful Bob, my mind's definitely made up now I'm going for the add on!. It would be a shame to go all that way and miss out on it. Roll on payday Friday then I can book it!

Best wishes

Lynda

Hi Lynda

Did u ever book the trip. I finally took the plunge and booked with add on for 22 October

'BGray' wrote:

Cheers,

Bob

Hi Mlesleyk and Bob,

Best wishes

Lynda

Cheers,

Bob

'LYNDAKNOBEL' wrote:

Hi,

I'm thinking of doing this tour in November with the add on. Do many people tend to do the add on as well and what would be the minimum number for it to operate as I wouldn't be too keen if there were only say 2 or 3 of us!

Regards

Lynda

hi Lynda

Im thinking of booking this one too though the end of October. I would definitely want to do the add on as I think if your going all that way you might as well!

'Julia' wrote:

Hi Lynda,

Quite a few people do take the add-on. I think in some cases it's the thought that "it's a big wide world, who knows if I'll come this way again" (and it helps that it's a great add-on too).

To get an idea, I did take a quick look at the 2013 numbers. In terms of the add-on, the group sizes on average were about 15 (this does not include those that booked the main tour only), there were two dates around May/June where the numbers were a lot smaller and two dates at the beginning of the year when the group was much bigger. The November dates operated with 12 and 15 booked on the add-on in addition to those on the main tour only.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi Julia,

That's great, thanks very much. I will definitely be booking it with the add on!

Lynda

Hi Lynda,

Quite a few people do take the add-on. I think in some cases it's the thought that "it's a big wide world, who knows if I'll come this way again" (and it helps that it's a great add-on too).

To get an idea, I did take a quick look at the 2013 numbers. In terms of the add-on, the group sizes on average were about 15 (this does not include those that booked the main tour only), there were two dates around May/June where the numbers were a lot smaller and two dates at the beginning of the year when the group was much bigger. The November dates operated with 12 and 15 booked on the add-on in addition to those on the main tour only.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi,

I'm thinking of doing this tour in November with the add on. Do many people tend to do the add on as well and what would be the minimum number for it to operate as I wouldn't be too keen if there were only say 2 or 3 of us!

Regards

Lynda