Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
'Puer wrote:

'Bosuncat' wrote:

'Puer wrote:

Finally booked the Hotel, hope its got the big bed that Lenny Henry falls onto... now to decide how to get there!

I'm not booked yet!! Have you done the meal deal as well?

Nah, I tend to like to decide where and when I eat and drink when I'm there, I dont like things planned too far in advance, takes all the fun out of it! Booking now for a holiday in 2 months time for me is like people who have booked for next year! :huh: who knows what we;ll be doing next month let alone next year?!

I think my red indian name (if I was a Native American!) would be something like,..... he who moves with the wind,..... or spirit wind.... ha! :thumbup: obviously as you can tell I'm at work and bored, bettter get back to it.

Understandable!

'Bosuncat' wrote:

'Puer wrote:

Finally booked the Hotel, hope its got the big bed that Lenny Henry falls onto... now to decide how to get there!

Nah, I tend to like to decide where and when I eat and drink when I'm there, I dont like things planned too far in advance, takes all the fun out of it! Booking now for a holiday in 2 months time for me is like people who have booked for next year! :huh: who knows what we;ll be doing next month let alone next year?!

I think my red indian name (if I was a Native American!) would be something like,..... he who moves with the wind,..... or spirit wind.... ha! :thumbup: obviously as you can tell I'm at work and bored, bettter get back to it.

'Puer wrote:

'Mel wrote:

Hi Elaine,

I am off to Halkadiki in September and am able to check in online with British Airways. Did you find it easy when you booked with Easy Jet via this method?

Mel

Checking in online with Easyjet was fine Mel. Enjoy your trip!!

'Puer wrote:

Hi Bosuncat, my apologies for my tardiness in replying. I have to admit I'm a bit of a luddite and have never really bought into the email, smartphone, constant instant communication the world now seems obsessed with! I am one of the worst for not replying, or replying weeks later, to texts and emails, it drives my friends and family mad (which makes me laugh!!!!)

So I fear you would not have a good experience trying to email chat with me, I hardly ever check emails (except work ones which drive me mad) and dont get me started on texting! grrrrrrrrr.....

In answer to your question I havent yet booked it, again an example of me having no sense of urgency, but will definately book it, probably next week. One question, have did you get a quote of £41, as I've looked on their website and the cheapest I could find was 50 something. Happy to meet up on the night.

I'm still procrastinating whether to go to Gatwick by train or coach, coach is cheaper but nearly 3 1/2 hours, train is expensive but only 2:45, even with 1 change at Reading.

No problem on the email scenario! I'm not booked yet either. I'm still iffing and butting on it. Cheapest I have got so far is £49. Stansted one was £29:s

I have always used one of the local guesthouses when I have flown from Gatwick before but they are creeping up or more expensive than the Premier Inn is now.

As for travel it's probably going to be National Express for me too. Over 4 hours fastest and that is if you don't have to go via London. But still a heck of a lot cheaper than the train (change at Bedford from Nottingham).

Keep me in touch with what you are doing. :thumbup:

Hi Elaine,

I am off to Halkadiki in September and am able to check in online with British Airways. Did you find it easy when you booked with Easy Jet via this method?

Mel

Hi Bosuncat, my apologies for my tardiness in replying. I have to admit I'm a bit of a luddite and have never really bought into the email, smartphone, constant instant communication the world now seems obsessed with! I am one of the worst for not replying, or replying weeks later, to texts and emails, it drives my friends and family mad (which makes me laugh!!!!)

So I fear you would not have a good experience trying to email chat with me, I hardly ever check emails (except work ones which drive me mad) and dont get me started on texting! grrrrrrrrr.....

In answer to your question I havent yet booked it, again an example of me having no sense of urgency, but will definately book it, probably next week. One question, have did you get a quote of £41, as I've looked on their website and the cheapest I could find was 50 something. Happy to meet up on the night.

I'm still procrastinating whether to go to Gatwick by train or coach, coach is cheaper but nearly 3 1/2 hours, train is expensive but only 2:45, even with 1 change at Reading.

'Puer wrote:

'Bosuncat' wrote:

'Julia' wrote:

Hi Bosuncat,

So the official response is....sadly on this flight you won't be able to check in online as we have group space allocated to us and you will need to check in at the desk before the flight.

However, when you check-in at the desk, you can make your window seat request here. If there are any window seats in our allocation, and they haven't already been allocated you can request to have one.

Hope all of that makes sense

Kindest regards,

Julia

Thank you Julia. I will make sure to be at the check in desk early in that case. :s

Ah! that's my plan! you'll have to try and beat me to the desk!!! :P

:thumbup:

Have you booked Premier Inn yet? I think looking through everything else I shall probably end up there. Perhaps we could meet up for dinner? 🙂 If you want my email to chat before the holiday I am happy for Julia to pass it on.

'Bosuncat' wrote:

'Julia' wrote:

Hi Bosuncat,

So the official response is....sadly on this flight you won't be able to check in online as we have group space allocated to us and you will need to check in at the desk before the flight.

However, when you check-in at the desk, you can make your window seat request here. If there are any window seats in our allocation, and they haven't already been allocated you can request to have one.

Hope all of that makes sense

Kindest regards,

Julia

Thank you Julia. I will make sure to be at the check in desk early in that case. :s

Ah! that's my plan! you'll have to try and beat me to the desk!!! 😛