Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
'nixon' wrote:

Sue

Mystery tours now that's a good idea!!!!! And boy that would put me out of my comfort zone, it is strange on the tours I have visited places along the way I thought I would have no interest in say NASA and I have really enjoyed things, so it's good for me to go out side my box so to speak.

A whole mystery tour, sounds like fun as you say if it was with one of the favourite well experienced managers, who also likes a laugh along the way.

Cindy

Cindy and Sue,

What a great idea!! Mystery tours ~~ you pays your money and hope for the best.

I remember when I was small, some coach tour operators used to advertise mystery tours. You didn't know where you were going until you got there!!!

But regarding Fantastic Tour Managers, I would have to name both Richard Lord and Johnathon Clark, both TMs when I visited Lake Como and Tuscany, respectively. Off to Lake Garda on 17th September and looking forward to meeting Silvia (?).

Best regards.

Denise.

:huh::thumbup:

Sue

Mystery tours now that's a good idea!!!!! And boy that would put me out of my comfort zone, it is strange on the tours I have visited places along the way I thought I would have no interest in say NASA and I have really enjoyed things, so it's good for me to go out side my box so to speak.

A whole mystery tour, sounds like fun as you say if it was with one of the favourite well experienced managers, who also likes a laugh along the way.

Cindy

'nixon' wrote:

Sue

AHHHH that was it MEXICO.....the trouble is I don't think that the managers names are set in stone, I had another managers name and when we landed in Orlando it was KIM, she had only been given the tour literal a couple weeks before...this has happened before I have been given a name and its not them when I go so unless you have Kim's direct email address you would be taking a chance.. I don't have her address she did say she was on Facebook, but I have not found her on there.

She was a laugh...

Cindy

Hi Cindy, I am able to contact Kim direct but, as you say, I'd still be taking a chance if I booked because she might get moved! I believe she is now known as a 'Starter' in the travel industry - sort of good at pulling together new itineraries which is probably why she was given Florida as it was a new holiday. Personally I would love it if JY started advertising 'Mystery Tours', which would be run by these very experienced tour managers - you wouldn't know where you were going, just what clothes to bring with you 🙂. Will just have to wait and see what the future brings! Sue

Sue

AHHHH that was it MEXICO.....the trouble is I don't think that the managers names are set in stone, I had another managers name and when we landed in Orlando it was KIM, she had only been given the tour literal a couple weeks before...this has happened before I have been given a name and its not them when I go so unless you have Kim's direct email address you would be taking a chance.. I don't have her address she did say she was on Facebook, but I have not found her on there.

She was a laugh...

Cindy

'nixon' wrote:

Sue,

Kim has just been the manager on the new Florida tour, first time I have come across her, she is a live wire, and good fun and very good a her job.

She did mention that she was only going to carry on for a few more years till she gets to a BIG O birthday!!!! I am having a senior moment!!!!! As she was going on and on about a new tour she was going to be concentrating on..can anybody else help me out with the country....all I know was I won't be going there, so that's maybe why I can't remember ..

Cindy

Hi Cindy,

It is probably Mexico that you're thinking about. Kim mentioned it on the US April tour. However, under the current JY process, if I booked the Mexico tour when it is advertised, I'd have no way of knowing whether I'd get Kim or someone else as the tour manager (Kim wouldn't be handling all the tours for Mexico). If I found out later that it wasn't going to be Kim, I doubt that JY would give me my money back - probably not a good enough reason for me to cancel 🙂. Sue

Sue,

Kim has just been the manager on the new Florida tour, first time I have come across her, she is a live wire, and good fun and very good a her job.

She did mention that she was only going to carry on for a few more years till she gets to a BIG O birthday!!!! I am having a senior moment!!!!! As she was going on and on about a new tour she was going to be concentrating on..can anybody else help me out with the country....all I know was I won't be going there, so that's maybe why I can't remember ..

Cindy

Hi Sue,

Thanks for your comments and I will pass them on to a few different people in the business. This is something that we have discussed within the walls of Just You HQ as we are aware that many of our customers are buying the whole experience and that the Tour Managers play a big part in this. I can't say at this moment if we will be able to make this available, but I did want to let you know that the conversations have been happening.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi JY, I was just reading a thread in the 'Say Hello To Other Travellers' section about Tour Managers and how good they are. While I'm sure all the Tour Managers do a great job, I'm gradually learning the names of some really highly-rated Tour Managers (from comments on the Community site). I don't know when each Tour Manager is allocated their tours but wondered if there would be a way of listing the tour managers and the tours they will be running for the entire year. The reason I ask the question is, I don't have a particular desire to travel to any particular country, I'm just looking for a great holiday experience. I had Kim Valencia for my first JY tour to Americas Golden West in April and she was so fantastic that I'd love to travel with her again if I knew what tours she would be managing for the year ahead. There are other Tour Manager names too that would attract me if a list were available. Any chance that something could be made available in the future please? Sue