Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
'p110757' wrote:

I have been wondering what sort of clothing to pack for this trip in Sept? Having not been to States an Canada in Sept not sure what weather an temps will be. Also will there be any need for more normal evening wear or just smart casual? An was wondering about what most to take American or Canadian dollars. Any advice appreciated.

Pauline :-/

Hi Pauline. Hope all is well with you. Not long now until our trip. Will be travelling down to London on day of departure which saves cost of overnight stay in hotel. Look forward to meeting you.

Lesley

My 1st tour was Boston New England and New York in September 2006...as Julia has said go for comfort, and I go for layers so I can layer on and layer off depending of the temperature, don't forget the coaches can get chilly with the Air con, I always travel with a light fleece and light jacket, pair of gloves and pashmina type scarf...so I can dress for most things!!!!!

I have just returned last month from the Florida tour and I didn't even pack a dress, just smart casual and comfy.

yes take $ USD and $ CAN dollars, and credit cards......

Cindy

Thankyou for the information. Most helpful.

Pauline

Hi Pauline,

Let's start with the temperatures, autumn days in New England are sunny but cool and average temperatures are from around 15 degrees and into the early twenties.

As for what to pack, dress is generally casual and we would suggest that you pack comfortable, lightweight clothing and something warm to wear in the evenings or for on some of the more exposed excursions (for example Niagara). Some travellers like to dress up a little more for dinner but you will find that many stick with smart casual (and comfortable). I'm sure any members who have already done this trip will share their tips on what to pack.

As you are visiting both Canada and USA we would recommend that you take both US Dollars and Canadian Dollars. Credit cards and debit cards are widely accepted.

Kindest regards,

Julia

I have been wondering what sort of clothing to pack for this trip in Sept? Having not been to States an Canada in Sept not sure what weather an temps will be. Also will there be any need for more normal evening wear or just smart casual? An was wondering about what most to take American or Canadian dollars. Any advice appreciated.

Pauline 😕