Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Hi Malcolm,

Our product team do keep an eye on all of our tours (across the brands) but also listen to the feedback that they get from customers both on the community and via letters and questionnaire responses to make sure that the products we offer are what our customers want.

Sadly, in some cases we just aren't able to offer the Just You experience, but JYWill and his team will certainly look in to different holidays that are of interest to our customers. I think this is highlighted in that he and his team launched a few one-off Just You tours based on some of our Travelsphere holidays, one of those has been allocated additional dates in 2014. I'd like to think he may do something like it again in the future but ultimately he's the one that makes that decision.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi Julia

I am glad this thread about ‘Travelsphere Questions’ is becoming popular in that fellow travellers who have booked a holiday with Travelsphere are able to ask you questions on this site.

I assume the Travelsphere holidays with a high content of ‘singles’ are the ones that a not available with Just You. Do the ‘powers above’ take note of those holidays and in due course include that tour into Just You itinerary?

Regards

Malcolm

Hi Lynne,

OK, so for the main tour only there are 10 people booked two have booked the single room option and for the main tour with Iguacu Falls add-on, there are 6 people booked and again two travellers have booked the single room option.

Ages for the group as a whole range from late-fifties to early-eighties. It's almost 50/50 on the gender breakdown - three of the four in the whole group booked as singles are female.

On to flights: The reason some airports are listed more than once is the options relating to flight routings. So for example (I've just selected one date and it might be different on others), on the tour you have mentioned Newcastle appears in both lists as we have two routing options available. The regional flight will take you from Newcastle to London, London to Madrid, Madrid to Santiago. The direct flight for this tour will take you from Newcastle to Paris, Paris to Santiago.

I hope all of this information helps.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi, Julia

I've been looking at Travelsphere's Patagonia and Tierra Del Fuego tour for the 7th November 2013. Can you tell me if there are any singles booked on this? And if so, what is the age/gender breakdown?

Another question I have (and this applies to JY holidays, too) - when selecting your departure airport, the same airports are listed under two different headings (and prices) - Regional airports and International airports. Can you explain why there are two options?

Many thanks,

Lynne

'Julia' wrote:

Thank you Julia

I will wait until the new brochure arrives in Sept, by then perhaps more people will have booked the Travelsphere trips.

I would prefer to travel with J Y, so can't wait to see what is on offer.

Thank you for enquiring for me.

Kind regards

Ann

Hi Ann,

At the minute there are only a couple of couples booked on each of those Travelsphere holidays, but it is still very early for most bookings to be taken.

Sadly, I don't get to see the brochure or it's contents much before you do, so I have spoken very nicely to a colleague who has told me that there are some new tours appearing in the September brochure and dates and prices are currently still being confirmed. It is possible that we may have "something" around the time you are looking to travel.

Sorry that it seems quite vague at the moment.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi Ann,

At the minute there are only a couple of couples booked on each of those Travelsphere holidays, but it is still very early for most bookings to be taken.

Sadly, I don't get to see the brochure or it's contents much before you do, so I have spoken very nicely to a colleague who has told me that there are some new tours appearing in the September brochure and dates and prices are currently still being confirmed. It is possible that we may have "something" around the time you are looking to travel.

Sorry that it seems quite vague at the moment.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hello Julia

I have a couple of questions on Travelsphere trips, I am interested to know if any singles are booked on America's Golden West and Ultimate Western Explorer departing Feb 17/19 2014. I would prefer to travel with J Y but this date is one I most favour. I know there are Asia and Cuba to consider with J Y but I don't really have a desire to visit them. Also is it possible the Sept brochure will have other choices for mid Feb 2014.

Thank you, kind regards

Ann

Hi Julia, that's great to know that you can give us the tour breakdown for Travelsphere hols as well. As you know I've an interest in a couple of TS hols that I may well take a couple of years down the road and it would be great to check on the number of single travellers via the forum before deciding to book, rather having to ring up.

Thanks again,

Bob

Hi Ariya,

As Travelsphere is part of the same group as Just You, if there is a particular date you are interested in, I can look at our system and give you the same information as if you were travelling with Just You (numbers booked and whether any are solo travellers, ages and gender ratio).

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi Ariya and understand how you feel about a non dedicated singles tour operator. Well don’t.

I went with Travelsphere last year on the ‘Canyons, National Parks and Little Big Horn’, which by the way is a ‘must do tour’. There were about eight single people. Us singles and the couples just joined together and was not a problem.

In September I shall be going again with Travelsphere on the ‘San Francisco to Vancouver & the Oregon Coast’ (Just You do not do this tour) and when I spoke to them this week there are about 10 single people on this tour so far out of 23. The majority are as usual women.

I have been with other tour operators and being single or age is not a problem.

So go on and give Travelsphere a call and ask them what dates have single people booked, sex and their ages.

All the best,

Malcolm