Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Hi Genie,

A tour of Lille is not included in the price of this holiday however the Tour Manager will be able to assist you in what to see and do in Lille if you choose not to take the optional excursions (although the Tour Manager will be accompanying those who have booked the optional excursions).

I understand that the hotel is a stones throw from the centre of Lille and you are only a very short walk away from the lovely squares that this city has to offer.

I have forwarded your message on to our overseas team so that your comments about the Ypres excursion can be considered for future departures/

Please don't be too worried, not all of our travellers opt to take the optional excursions and you may find that there are a group of you that would prefer to stay and explore Lille.

Kindest regards,

Julia

I am going to Lille/Bruges the first weekend of October.

I have noticed that you have added an extra optional excursion to Ypres. This excursion was never mentioned in the brochure. I have been told by a Just You representative that this tour is going to be the evening of Day 2.

This means on Day 2 there are 2 optional excursions for the same day?

I want to see Lille but the way the program has been organised most of the tour will be in Belgium now. Are we going to be given a tour of Lille or do we have to make our own way around.

I have been on many Just You holidays before. I have always enjoyed them and met a lot of great people. This is the first time I have felt apprehensive. When I booked this tour I did it thinking Lille would be a big part of the package and it looks like now it's not. So for me to see Lille it looks like I'll have to make my own way around and this won't give me a lot of time to spend with the group either. Something I have always looked forward to in a Just You holiday. I just wish whoever organised this trip had done the Ypres evening on the first night instead of two on the same day.

Please advise if I will be given any assistance to see Lille or will I be left to my own devices. Something that is really worrying me.

Not a problem, and yes one of the men is you 🙂

Kindest regards,

Julia

Thanks, Juila. One of the three men would presumably be me. 🙂
Sorry about that, I've clearly gone into weekend mode a few hours early and not checked properly... yes there are two dinners to account for one on Friday and one on Saturday.

In terms of numbers there are 18 of you booked and it looks like it has been closed so there will be no more travellers joining this group. There are three men and the rest women with ages from late-thirties to late-eighties.

Julia

Hi, Julia. Thanks for he tips. I've already booked the trip to Ghent so I don't have to worry about that.

I have to account for two dinners, not one, don't I? As the only included dinner is on the Sunday, and there is Friday and Saturday nights to account for.

BTW how many people are booked on this trip (4th of October)?

Hi Bungle,

It is a bit of an unanswerable question as every person budgets differently but things you should consider when you are looking at budgeting for your trip.

Included in the price of your holiday are three breakfasts and one dinner so you'll need to budget for one dinner and a couple of lunches. There are plenty of eateries that suit different budgets, when I went to Bruges I worked on the basis of UK prices and it wasn't far off (although this was a couple of years ago).

There are two optional excursions on this trip, Ghent and Ypres which you can book before you leave the UK and therefore not have to worry about when travelling.

On top of that, you'll just need to think about taking any currency for any souvenirs to bring home.

Major credit card are widely accepted but please inform your provider before travelling to avoid any problems on your trip.

I hope that goes some way to helping you think about how much currency to take with you even if it doesn't give you an exact amount.

Have a wonderful time and please let us know how you get on with your first holiday abroad.

Kindest regards,

Julia

This may be an unanswerable question for you, but how much currency do you think I should take? I've never been abroad alone before and have absolutely no idea!
Thanks for your help. 🙂
That's fantastic news - I'm sure you'll have a great time!

In answer to your questions....

When/how do you book JY insurance - ideally you should book your insurance (with Just You or an alternative provider) as soon as possible. You can book Just You Insurance by calling one of our holiday advisors, and they will tell you more about the policy and arrange this for you should you choose to use us

Group sizes. For the Lille & Bruges weekend we'll take up to 35 people on the tour. We have a group leaving today with 22 travellers.

If there is anything else I can help with, please let me know,

Kindest regards,

Julia