Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
'Sue wrote:

Hi there - just querying how many are going on this tour from Manchester 2nd Sept and also do we know who tours guide is.

Am thinking about which Grand Canyon trip to do - and not sure whether the one with the boat trip included - will be too hot/uncomfortable....I know the decision is mine and it'll be a great trip but have some minor concerns ...

Hi Sue, I did Americas Golden West in April 2013 and chose the 3-in-1 Grand Canyon trip (plane, helicopter and boat). I hadn't been on a small plane or helicopter before, so even though the rides were short I loved the experience. Re. the boat ride, I'm glad I did it, I enjoyed looking up at the vast landscape from the river below but must admit I was a little disappointed with the boat. The ride was very slow and only approx. 15 mins. long and it was very chilly. I would imagine it would probably be cold whichever month you travel as it's only around 8am by the time you board!! I think most people on the boat felt the same way I did about the boat trip being too short, so if they gave that feedback to JY, who knows you might get a longer or more exciting ride in September 🙂. Sue

Hi Sue,

Everyone booked on this tour will be flying from Manchester. There are currently17 people booked on the trip with ages from early fifties to early seventies. The Tour Manager has not yet been allocated but if you ask again closer to your departure we'll be able to share this information with you.

In terms of the Grand Canyon trip - it is ultimately your decision - perhaps some of our community members who have done this may be able to share their experiences with you.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi there - just querying how many are going on this tour from Manchester 2nd Sept and also do we know who tours guide is.

Am thinking about which Grand Canyon trip to do - and not sure whether the one with the boat trip included - will be too hot/uncomfortable....I know the decision is mine and it'll be a great trip but have some minor concerns ...