Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
'Chrissam' wrote:

Hi Linda

I see you have booked the Christmas Golden West holiday. I am considering booking this one myself. Having never been to America I was wondering if you can give me some idea how expensive you found meals and drinks. I am working out my approx costs for this holiday, and trying to convince myself I can cope with the long haul flight at the moment.

thanks Chris

Hi,

I did this tour last year In september, Sanfrancisco was quite chilly at times, but we only needed a sweater or a fleece. There was mist over the bay most of the time. i booked Alcatraz before I went and thoroughly enjoyed it. I loved this place. It is true as you go further inland it gets warmer, the hottest place was Palm Springs, which was scorching, but Palm Springs was my favourite place. Las Vegas was also

scorchio. I also booked the Grand Canyon 3 in 1 tripbefore I went, which included a plane trip to the Canyon, helicopter ride into the canyon and then a trip down the Colorado river, with a lunch when we got back to the rim. It was brilliant, although I didn't do the skywalk.

All in all this was a fantastic tour, and I would highly recommend it to anyone. You will have a brilliant time. Have fun. X

Hi Steve, I replied to your post on the other GW thread. Weather should be great in Sept - warm/hot/unpredictable/rainy/misty in SF and hot to very hot elsewhere esp in Vegas!

This is a great tour, enjoy every minute!

Bob

Hi Linda

I see you have booked the Christmas Golden West holiday. I am considering booking this one myself. Having never been to America I was wondering if you can give me some idea how expensive you found meals and drinks. I am working out my approx costs for this holiday, and trying to convince myself I can cope with the long haul flight at the moment.

thanks Chris

Its best time of year in SF should reach 20's, its a place that never gets really hot or cold. After that it will get hotter with every place you visit.

Would take fleece/light jacket for SF in the evening but will probably not be required after that.

Mick

'steveL' wrote:

Hi

Anyone know what the weather will be like in San Fran, Los Ang, Las Vegas from sept 16 to 28th? What clothes will i need to pack?

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve

I did this tour last year and San Fran was by far the coldest place we visited - I actually bought a couple of sweatshirts whilst I was there less that $10 each so killed two birds with one stone - souvineers of my trip and a sweater to keep me warm !

Everywhere else on the trip was lovely and warm - although the air con on the coach could sometimes be a bit chilly - as Julia says the futher inland you go the hotter it gets. Im doing this same trip again at Christmas - one thing I would say is that if you want to visit Alcatraz book it before you go - JY dont organise that trip but find out the schedule and book it yourself - only two members of our whole group managed to visit inside - we all did the bay trip but I was disapointed not to go inside.

Hope you have a fab trip - if Kim Valencia is your guide you will have a great time :thumbup:

Hi Steve,

I was in San Francisco at that time of year a couple of years ago and the weather was like a pleasant sunny day in the UK - throughout the tour you'd be looking at temperatures from low 20s to mid 30s as you head in land.

I'd recommend you pack comfortable lightweight clothing. In San Francisco it can be cooler in the bay area so I would make sure you also pack a pullover and, as we can't guarantee 100% sunshine I'd also make sure you pack an anorak.

I'm sure some of our other members may be able to share their advice as well.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi

Anyone know what the weather will be like in San Fran, Los Ang, Las Vegas from sept 16 to 28th? What clothes will i need to pack?

Thanks

Steve