Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Hi Julia,

Many thanks for your recommendation - I must check it out! I need all the help I can get!

All the best,

Bob

Hi Bob,

I'd like to start by stating the Just You does not endorse the following, this is my own personal recommendation....

I recently ventured into a certain cheap high street bookstore and found a digital photography book by Tom Ang - I've always enjoyed photography but when I have to take a 50 pictures to get one great one I felt some outside help was needed. This book not only offers over 300 pages of inspiration on things to photograph but gives help and advice for setting up the shot in the first place from the aperture, ISO, lens settings and more. It's supposed to be a month by month guide but I've found myself flicking back and forth finding topics which are appropriate. I've found it rather useful and whilst it's too heavy to always carry around - having it on the coffee table means I pick it up regularly and think how i can apply what I read.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi Julia,

I've only subjected my family to being guinea pigs so far! But I'll be away for a few days next month so hope to get some practice then. There's a lot to get used to, but the Canon 60D is a wonderful camera - very easy to use and already I've got some good shots. I'm beginning to venture away from the auto settings and experimenting with aperture now - all completely new to me!

Thanks again for the info,

Bob

Hi Bob,

I'm sure she'll offer you plenty of hints and tips to get the best photos - all you have to do is ask!

I did see that you had a thread about cameras on here awhile ago (one that I will return to when I look to upgrade my own camera), are you getting in plenty of practice before your holiday?

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi Julia, I'm very excited!! I came across a post from Larae on the Just You Facebook page and I see that she is really into photography - I've just bought a new camera, my first DSLR and am so looking forward to taking some great photos on this holiday - and I'm sure Larae will be able to give me some tips on the tour as to how to get the best shots, can't wait!!

Cheers,

Bob

Many thanks Julia!
Hi Bob,

Sometimes it's worth taking that chance - there is a provisional name in the system of Larae Malooly

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi Julia,

I'm probably chancing my arm here but is there a TM allocated for the 9 Sept departure?

Cheers,

Bob

Hi Mick,

There are 19 people booked so far on this departure.

I did think, as we are quite a way off from departure, the tour manager wouldn't have been allocated yet but...would you believe it, Wendy Burdett is currently listed!

Kindest regards

Jules

Hi Julia,

I'm on the Manchester departure on 23rd September for this holiday.

How many have booked so far ?

Do you know who the tour manager will be ?

Thanks

Mick