Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Ben 11 years ago
Good afternoon,

If we consolidate a tour or make a major change and the customer then cancels, We will refund all monies paid to us in full inc any credit card fees charges by us.

We however will not refund for any lost interest on bank accounts or interest incurred on credit cards. (sometimes holidays are booked many months in advance)

If the customer has any out of pocket expenses e.g booking of their own connecting flights, hotels,car parking and foreign exchange , each case is looked at on individual basis, we do however suggest not booking any onwards travel connections or services until the balance has been paid and we have confirmed your tour is operating.

The situation of delays and cancellations at airports due to bad weather is more complicated, All customers should travel to the airport as planned unless they hear anything from us but they also need to keep an eye on airline and airport websites.

If a customer is delayed by over 12 hours from departure most insurances will allow them to abandon their holiday and claim on insurance this they obviously need to check with the insurance company, We will not cancel a tour and maybe needs to be made clear to customers that even if their flight is cancelled the tour is still going ahead and the airlines are responsible to get them to destination airport as quickly as possible.

If they miss the group transfers they may have to pay for their own transfers to us or suppliers and then would claim on their insurance. This is looked at by the duty office and a decision made on the amount of customers which are affected.

If customers miss their flight due to weather delays in getting to their airport again insurance for missed departure and we will assist in trying to get them to resort.

I hope this helps?

Kindest,

Ben

Hi Ben if a holiday is cancelled because airports are closed because of snow etc, do we get a full refund or the offer of an alternative holiday?

All the best,

Bob

Sue

I have my 9th JY tour booked and I have only had one been cancelled which was Australia, I could not go on the date that was offered as could not change my holiday dates ,so went another way...

It can happen but not often.

Cindy

Ben

Could you just clarify this please.

In this situation, if the person involved were unwilling/unable to accept the alternatives offered, would JY offer a full refund, including any additional charges made for the use of credit cards (should these apply).

From memory you've said this in a previous reply, but I can't find the thread, and I feel it's helpful for potentail customers to fully understand the situation.

Thanks

Stuart

Ben 11 years ago
Good morning Sue,

Thankyou for getting in touch. If a tour is cancelled, travellers booked onto the tour will be offered a different departure date or a similar tour, often with a discount applied for the inconvenience caused,

I hope this helps,

Kindest,

Ben

what happens if not enough people opt for the holiday you have booked?