Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
'SHELLY wrote:

'Bev wrote:

'SHELLY wrote:

I am booked on the amazing australia trip next november. Just wonder if you have any info on extras and prices for these trips. Its along time away but it would be good to see how much need to save up for.With possible a little help from santa Also have many people booked on this trip so far

Merry christmas from shelly 1

Hi Shelly

Just browsing and came across your post. I have just booked on Amazing Australia with the Singapore pre tour stop leaving in Nov literally 30 mins ago! It is my 50th birthday this year and I have been saving for this holiday of a lifetime for quite a few years and then I had to wait to get special permission to take a month off work but its all systems go now . I am already very excited and cannot wait.I hope to do as many of the excursions as possible and make the most of the holiday.Would love to hear from anyone who has done this trip and who have any suggestions or tips.Keep in touch Shelly and see you in November and good luck with the saving! Looks like we are going to need quite a bit of money!

Bev

Hi Bev,

Great to no that you are booked on the same trip. I cant wait for the trip and would like to do as many of the extra as possible. Its funny it is my 40th Birthday this year so I am the same as you. Big trip for a birthday. Looking forward to getting to no each other over the next few months.

Shelly 1

Hi Shelley/Bev

have just booked on the amazing australia trip myself and are so excited, been wanting to go to Australia for some time and now i've decided to do it, have prebooked the tours western mcdonnel ranges sydney featherdale wildlife park and harbour cruise so far, was undecided on the perth tours at the moment but def want to do the Kuranda skyrail from cairns, undecided also on the bbq in alice springs, looking forward to meeting you either at Heathrow or in Singapore if your doing the add on which i'm not as been to singapore before, yes looks like at least three of us on this tour so far, dave 😞 ps suppose i could say this is to celebrate my 55th birthday lol

'Julia' wrote:

Hi Shelly1

It's never too early to be planning your holiday :)

I've spoken to our product team who have the following information about the excursions available. Please note that the prices are subject to change between now and next November but the following will give you an idea of what to expect:

Australia - Alice Springs - Balloon Ride (£200.00)

There is no better way to see the spectacular outback of Alice Springs than by balloon. See the kangaroos grazing down below as you soar through the sky on this fabulous dawn balloon ride.

Dawn Flight – Truly Memorable Experience

How to book : This Optional excursion is only available to book through your Tour Manager in resort

Australia - Alice Springs - Bush BBQ (£50.00)

A fun evening which starts with a drive around the land trying to spot kangaroos, which will be followed by some boomerang throwing and a BBQ. There will also be some star watching (weather permitting) and some music.

Please Note : Jackets will be required in the winter months.

Evening Excursion – Great Fun

How to book : Pre-Bookable and Bookable In Resort

Australia - Alice Springs - Western MacDonell Ranges (£45.00)

Enjoy a tour of the Western MacDonnell Ranges. You will first of all visit Simpsons Gap, a stunning gorge carved out of the Western MacDonnell Ranges, where water flows through a small gap in the range. This gap is sacred to the Central Aboriginal people. The next stop will be Standley Chasm, which is also very important to the Aboriginal people. After a short walk you will be able to see the stunning red rocks, which have created a picturesque natural alleyway. When the light is right you will be treated to a magnificent display of colours and forms.

Half Day – Moderate / Strenuous Walking – Scenic

How to book : Please note, unless otherwise stated, excursions need to be prebooked at least 5 days prior to departure

Australia - Cairns - Daintree (£80.00)

On arrival to Port Douglas you will have morning tea before departing for 4 mile beach lookout point. The beach unfolds along a gentle curve as far as the eye can see. There will also be a chance to visit Marys church. Next stop will be an Environmental Wilderness Cruise in a State Marine Park with a naturalist guide. After some crocodile spotting you will head to Daintree Tea House for lunch before a short tour of the village.

Full Day – Not To Be Missed

Australia - Cairns - Kuranda Skyrail (£90.00)

A fantastic opportunity to see the Atherton Tablelands. Your first stop this morning will be the Kuranda Skyrail, where you will glide through the rainforest canopy before descending deep into the heart of the forest. After some free time in the village of Kuranda you will continue on the second part of your tour, The Kuranda Heritage Train. You will stop off at the stunning Barron Falls , a wonderful photo opportunity, before arriving at Freshwater station.

Full Day – Scenic

How to book : This Optional excursion is only available to book through your Tour Manager in resort

Australia - Melbourne - Phillip Island Penguin Parade (£68.00)

An afternoon and evening excursion to Philip Island, crossing the Narrows Bridge to see the largest colony of little penguins in existence and to watch the Penguin Parade, one of Australia’s most popular wildlife attractions.

Extended Afternoon Excursion – Nature Interest

Australia - Melbourne - Soveriegn Hill (£80.00)

After a short tour of Ballarat, the original site where gold was discovered in 1851, you will visit Sovereign Hill open air museum. The museum depicts Ballarat’s first decade after the gold was found. The museum has become one of Victoria ’s most popular attractions. You will also have a tour of the mines before some free time to look around the town. You will also have the chance to visit the gold museum before departing.

Full Day – Historical Interest

Australia - Perth - Swan Valley and Freemantle (£45.00)

A leisurely one way cruise to the bustling and dynamic port town of Fremantle, including a chance to see the magnificent sights of the Swan Valley. On arrival in Fremantle, you will enjoy a tour around, followed by some free time to explore the port. You could get a coffee from the famous ‘Cappuccino strip’, or take a look around the Fremantle Market. You will return by coach.

Half Day – Minimal/Moderate Walking – Highly Recommended

Australia - Perth - Swan Valley and National Parks (£65.00)

A great opportunity to see some of Australia ’s native animals. At Yanchep National park you will have the opportunity to get up close with the kangaroos that wander around freely. See if you can spot a Koala in their enclosure. You will then continue to Underwater World when you will have the chance to stroke a stingray in the “petting pond”. After some free time for lunch you will end your day with a visit the Swan Valley winery for a spot of wine tasting.

Full Day – Nature Interest

Australia - Sydney - Featherdale Wildlife Park (£72.00)

At Featherdale wildlife park you will have the chance to see over three hundred species of Australian wildlife, from Koala’s to Tasmanian Devils. You will then drive through the Blue Mountains to the Three Sisters and along the Jamieson Valley (Australia's Grand Canyon), before departing for Scenic World where you will have the chance to ride the worlds steepest incline railway (optional), and ride in the scenic cable car with views of the World Heritage listed Jamison Valley.

Full Day – Highly Recommended

Australia - Sydney Harbour Cruise (£17.00)

Sydney Harbour is known to be one of the most beautiful harbours in the world, and on this hour long cruise you will see why. You will see the beautiful parklands, reserves and gardens, not to mention the famous Sydney Opera House.

Hour Cruise – Not To Be Missed

Merry Christmas to you too!

kindest regards

Julia

please can someone tell me roughly what time departure is from Heathrow for this tour and also the return time just to give me some idea, also which airlines do you fly with, many thanks dave

'Bev wrote:

'SHELLY wrote:

I am booked on the amazing australia trip next november. Just wonder if you have any info on extras and prices for these trips. Its along time away but it would be good to see how much need to save up for.With possible a little help from santa Also have many people booked on this trip so far

Hi Shelly

Just browsing and came across your post. I have just booked on Amazing Australia with the Singapore pre tour stop leaving in Nov literally 30 mins ago! It is my 50th birthday this year and I have been saving for this holiday of a lifetime for quite a few years and then I had to wait to get special permission to take a month off work but its all systems go now . I am already very excited and cannot wait.I hope to do as many of the excursions as possible and make the most of the holiday.Would love to hear from anyone who has done this trip and who have any suggestions or tips.Keep in touch Shelly and see you in November and good luck with the saving! Looks like we are going to need quite a bit of money!

Bev

Hi Bev,

Great to no that you are booked on the same trip. I cant wait for the trip and would like to do as many of the extra as possible. Its funny it is my 40th Birthday this year so I am the same as you. Big trip for a birthday. Looking forward to getting to no each other over the next few months.

Shelly 1

'SHELLY wrote:

Hi Shelly

Bev

I agree with Sally. I went on this trip earlier this year and I would say that all the trips are very worth doing. It is a very long way to go to wish later that you had done a particular excursion. Highlight for me, scuba diving on the Great Barrier Reef. Something I always wanted to try. If you can manage, Hong Kong add-on also strongly recommended.

The only warning - Australia is not cheap although exchange rate has moved recently.

You will have a memborable holiday!

I have done the karunda rail journey well worth doing..

Sydney harbour cruise is a must..

Feather dale wildlife park......I interesting I love animals.

Cindy

Hi Shelly

I did this trip last year and would recommend you do every excursion if your pennies will stretch that far. It was a truly amazing holiday - one I will never forget.

Sally

Hi Shelly,

Just come back from Amazing Australian adventure.

Would recommend the Balloon ride at Alice springs ( You have to be up around 4 am to be picked up from the hotel)

Kuranda Railway in Cairns. ( I did not do this through JY as I wanted to go on the train both ways. Most of the group did the package though including the skyrail over the forest.)I am a train jeek and booked via train company in this instant.

Sydney Harbour cruise. (great views of everything from the waters edge).

The cruise on the Swan river and Freemantle day out was particularly good.

The other tours I did not do but most of the group did some or the other. I think most enjoyed them. Soverign Hill had not the minimum of takers so a few elected to do it through a tour company whilst in Melbourne.

Its my personal opinion but I would not recommend the BBQ at Alice Springs, I did not enjoy it.

You will love some of the included excursions that JY put on.

The sound of Silence dinner at Ayres rock - All I can say fantastic.

The Great barrier reef day out. Another great day out

The final dinner in Melbourne on a tram that transports you for 3 hours around Melbourne, Great atmosphere, Great food. A brilliant evening on a tram.

Also tours of the cities you will visit is included.

We had a great driver named Graham who took us from Ayres rock to Alice Springs. ( long journey by road) Very informative. He was the driver for the western Macdonell ranges.

Hope this snippit of information helps you.

Hi Shelly1

It's never too early to be planning your holiday 🙂

I've spoken to our product team who have the following information about the excursions available. Please note that the prices are subject to change between now and next November but the following will give you an idea of what to expect:

Australia - Alice Springs - Balloon Ride (£200.00)

There is no better way to see the spectacular outback of Alice Springs than by balloon. See the kangaroos grazing down below as you soar through the sky on this fabulous dawn balloon ride.

Dawn Flight – Truly Memorable Experience

Australia - Alice Springs - Bush BBQ (£50.00)

A fun evening which starts with a drive around the land trying to spot kangaroos, which will be followed by some boomerang throwing and a BBQ. There will also be some star watching (weather permitting) and some music.

Please Note : Jackets will be required in the winter months.

Evening Excursion – Great Fun

Australia - Alice Springs - Western MacDonell Ranges (£45.00)

Enjoy a tour of the Western MacDonnell Ranges. You will first of all visit Simpsons Gap, a stunning gorge carved out of the Western MacDonnell Ranges, where water flows through a small gap in the range. This gap is sacred to the Central Aboriginal people. The next stop will be Standley Chasm, which is also very important to the Aboriginal people. After a short walk you will be able to see the stunning red rocks, which have created a picturesque natural alleyway. When the light is right you will be treated to a magnificent display of colours and forms.

Half Day – Moderate / Strenuous Walking – Scenic

How to book : Please note, unless otherwise stated, excursions need to be prebooked at least 5 days prior to departure

Australia - Cairns - Daintree (£80.00)

On arrival to Port Douglas you will have morning tea before departing for 4 mile beach lookout point. The beach unfolds along a gentle curve as far as the eye can see. There will also be a chance to visit Marys church. Next stop will be an Environmental Wilderness Cruise in a State Marine Park with a naturalist guide. After some crocodile spotting you will head to Daintree Tea House for lunch before a short tour of the village.

Full Day – Not To Be Missed

Australia - Cairns - Kuranda Skyrail (£90.00)

A fantastic opportunity to see the Atherton Tablelands. Your first stop this morning will be the Kuranda Skyrail, where you will glide through the rainforest canopy before descending deep into the heart of the forest. After some free time in the village of Kuranda you will continue on the second part of your tour, The Kuranda Heritage Train. You will stop off at the stunning Barron Falls , a wonderful photo opportunity, before arriving at Freshwater station.

Full Day – Scenic

Australia - Melbourne - Phillip Island Penguin Parade (£68.00)

An afternoon and evening excursion to Philip Island, crossing the Narrows Bridge to see the largest colony of little penguins in existence and to watch the Penguin Parade, one of Australia’s most popular wildlife attractions.

Extended Afternoon Excursion – Nature Interest

Australia - Melbourne - Soveriegn Hill (£80.00)

After a short tour of Ballarat, the original site where gold was discovered in 1851, you will visit Sovereign Hill open air museum. The museum depicts Ballarat’s first decade after the gold was found. The museum has become one of Victoria ’s most popular attractions. You will also have a tour of the mines before some free time to look around the town. You will also have the chance to visit the gold museum before departing.

Full Day – Historical Interest

Australia - Perth - Swan Valley and Freemantle (£45.00)

A leisurely one way cruise to the bustling and dynamic port town of Fremantle, including a chance to see the magnificent sights of the Swan Valley. On arrival in Fremantle, you will enjoy a tour around, followed by some free time to explore the port. You could get a coffee from the famous ‘Cappuccino strip’, or take a look around the Fremantle Market. You will return by coach.

Half Day – Minimal/Moderate Walking – Highly Recommended

Australia - Perth - Swan Valley and National Parks (£65.00)

A great opportunity to see some of Australia ’s native animals. At Yanchep National park you will have the opportunity to get up close with the kangaroos that wander around freely. See if you can spot a Koala in their enclosure. You will then continue to Underwater World when you will have the chance to stroke a stingray in the “petting pond”. After some free time for lunch you will end your day with a visit the Swan Valley winery for a spot of wine tasting.

Full Day – Nature Interest

Australia - Sydney - Featherdale Wildlife Park (£72.00)

At Featherdale wildlife park you will have the chance to see over three hundred species of Australian wildlife, from Koala’s to Tasmanian Devils. You will then drive through the Blue Mountains to the Three Sisters and along the Jamieson Valley (Australia's Grand Canyon), before departing for Scenic World where you will have the chance to ride the worlds steepest incline railway (optional), and ride in the scenic cable car with views of the World Heritage listed Jamison Valley.

Full Day – Highly Recommended

Australia - Sydney Harbour Cruise (£17.00)

Sydney Harbour is known to be one of the most beautiful harbours in the world, and on this hour long cruise you will see why. You will see the beautiful parklands, reserves and gardens, not to mention the famous Sydney Opera House.

Hour Cruise – Not To Be Missed

Merry Christmas to you too!

kindest regards

Julia