Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
'Ben' wrote:

That was just feedback from one of our Tour Managers, I have also consulted one of our product managers and they have told me smart casual will be absolutely fine,

Thanks, Ben, that's good to hear.

Ben 11 years ago
Good afternoon,

That was just feedback from one of our Tour Managers, I have also consulted one of our product managers and they have told me smart casual will be absolutely fine,

Kindest,

Ben

'Ben' wrote:

For the gala dinner on the last night, men usually wear a suit and tie and some do too for Christmas day lunch.

Must say, this is news to me. When I enquired before booking, I was told it was smart casual, and I'll be planning my packing accordingly. My choice of this holiday was directly due to the event not being described as formal or black tie.

I wear a suit enough the rest of the year.

Ben 11 years ago
Good morning CJ,

apologies for the delay in replying, I put your question to one of our Tour Managers who has done this trip many times, she has replied with -

During the day, dress is fairly casual. Christmas Eve and Boxing day I would recommend warm clothing as we will be outside much of the time during the day. Coat, scarf and gloves is advisable too.

Evenings tends to be more smart dress. For the gala dinner on the last night, men usually wear a suit and tie and some do too for Christmas day lunch.

Your break is fully booked with 47 fellow travellers, ages range from 53 to 77 and the male to female split is around 40/60.

I hope this helps,

if you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact me,

Kindest,

Ben

Hi Ben,

I'm booked on the Shakespearean Christmas but as this will be my first break with JY, I wonder if you could give me a few pointers as to the likely size and make-up of the group? I'm also curious to know a bit more about the dress-code. From other postings, it sounds as if 'smart casual' is the order of the day but perhaps you could let me know if it is safe to leave the DJ at home?

Great forum by the way, I feel as if I already know a lot about the various holidays offered by JY and I haven't been on one yet!

Many thanks,

CJ