Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
'debbieandnorris' wrote:

Lucinda glad u had an awesome experience did u take many photos? I got US dollars will £600 be enough how much did you take? Not gonna take malaria tablets doc don't think it's necessary. Might invest on a lightweight waterproof jacket then did you get bitten much...? Any other suggestions welcome this will be my 2nd JY hol I'm quite excited as its somewhere I've always dreamed about going,, dd you go on any of the excursions?

I took loads of photos -prob about 700! but im snappy happy! Some people took more! I had $500 with me and spent most of that (including accidently losing some!). But i didnt really drink any alcohol on holiday and was a little frugal spending my money. I would say $600 is about right.

You definitely need a waterproof jacket as it really rains when it rains - some people had brollies too. I did all the excursions bar the culture day and carara national park walking trip (asthis one clashed with the tram trip). All the trips were really good.

You dont need maleria tablets. I got bitten more towards the end of the trip, not sure if thats because i got a little lax with the spray or there were more mossies there to get me! Some people were quite bitten tho.

There were other excursions on top of the listed ones such as the turtle watching for example.

Anything else let me know

Have a great time

Lucinda

Lucinda glad u had an awesome experience did u take many photos? I got US dollars will £600 be enough how much did you take? Not gonna take malaria tablets doc don't think it's necessary. Might invest on a lightweight waterproof jacket then did you get bitten much...? Any other suggestions welcome this will be my 2nd JY hol I'm quite excited as its somewhere I've always dreamed about going,, dd you go on any of the excursions?

Hi debbieandnorris

You will really like this holiday, once i settled in (as i was a little nervous about this trip being my 1st worldwide trip with JY) i had a wonderful time. My least favourite part was San Jose as there was not a lot to see, but all the hotels were lovely along with all the trips. We had great weather with only a few hours of rain! The turtle watching was really good if u get the chance.

Pointers:

if you take US dollars, make sure you have small notes as a lot of the places would not except large notes and you get change back in colones. Ironically when i got my money the agent gave me small notes so i was alright! I wouldnt take bigger than $50 notes.

take a torch - useful for the turtle watching and in the evenings.

definitely take waterproofs - and some clothes you dont mind getting a little muddy on walking and boat trips.

take trainers/shoes you can easily walk in - some of the terrain was very up and down and damp under foot.

Any questions or anything just ask - wish someone could have given me some pointers prior to going!

Have a fab time

Lucinda

'Lucinda' wrote:

'debbieandnorris' wrote:

'Lucinda I got told malleria tablets were needed so I don't know hope you have a great time let me know what it is like and if I definitely need to pack anything!

Will do! Only 2 weeks til i go now, heres hoping i pack all the right stuff! Im goin without maleria tablets as i believe it to be no to low risk area, i will just take all the precautions. Nervous but excited about the holiday!

'debbieandnorris' wrote:

'Lucinda I got told malleria tablets were needed so I don't know hope you have a great time let me know what it is like and if I definitely need to pack anything!

Will do! Only 2 weeks til i go now, heres hoping i pack all the right stuff! Im goin without maleria tablets as i believe it to be no to low risk area, i will just take all the precautions. Nervous but excited about the holiday!

'debbieandnorris' wrote:

Is this trip still running if not I am going to be so dissapointed as I've book this time off from work and I need to book transport and get maleria tablets, don't want to waste more money, please inform me either on good or bad news :huh:

Are maleria tablets required for this tour? Looking at the fit for travel website, the tour didnt look like it goes into the maleria zone??

Also is there any restrictions on suitcases for this tour?

Many thanks

Lucinda

P.s im goin in sept 2012

Ben 12 years ago
Good morning,

I have had a look at your tour in our reservation system and whilst its still not cleared to run, it has more passengers booked on it already than that of the September date which has been cleared to run, I'm highly confident you have nothing to worry about,

I hope this helps,

Kindest,

Ben

Is this trip still running if not I am going to be so dissapointed as I've book this time off from work and I need to book transport and get maleria tablets, don't want to waste more money, please inform me either on good or bad news :huh: