Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Thank you all :

Cindy,

Mick,

Bob,

Sue2

Tony

For putting my mind at rest. Was extreemly worried that I was going to max out in hotels and worrying about credit cards.

Again thank you all including Ben.

Best Regards

Eric

Hi Eric,

In Zambia (Victoria Falls add-on to the South Africa tour) they asked for credit card details and put a provisional amount on it (c.$50) to offset the cost of drinks etc. At the end of the stay my bill was slightly more than this and I settled up before leaving with very little hassle.

Best wishes,

Bob

Hi

I have been on a lot of Just You holidays the only time I have been ask for credit card details has been on cruises which is usual. Went on Florida and cruise to Bahamas and Shanghai and cruise on Yangtze.

I have done 8 JY trips in Europe and in America and have never been asked for a credit card in any Hotel.
Hi Eric,

In one of the hotels on the American Golden West (not sure which one) they had blocked the room phones from making outside calls and wanted credit card guarentee to unblock it.

Can't think of any other i've had a problem, just let us square room bill up as we check out.

Mick

ERIC

I can catagorically (?Can't spell) confirm in all of my eight JY holidays and I have lost count of the number of hotels I have stayed in I have NEVER been asked for my credit card details..other than like this

On the Tuscany tour the hotel liked you to run a tab bill for drinks and snacks which I did but I only handed over my card at the end..you did NOT have to PAY this way..

Kenya Safari I remember I ran a card bill up for a few spa treatments and the ODD Drinkie, but again paid at the end...again I think this was my choice.

I did leave a USA Hotel with out paying for a phone call TUT TUT jet lag I feel, and hotel staff were waiting at the coach on departure for me to settle the bill ha ha ha

I would just say keep an eye on what your ordering so you have a rough idea of total payment. As I did get stung in Kenya with a hefty bill but after a SLIGHT word!! it was sorted out in time for me to leave!!!

To be honest where possible I like to pay as I go so I can work the pennies out as I go along rather than getting hit for a larg bill on the last day.

Hope that helps... I know with the New Zeland tour and some USA tours I have been on there are many hotels stops but there is usually a safe in the room F.O.C. Just remember to take the stuff out when you move on to the next hotel

'Ben' wrote:

Good afternoon Eric,

Thanks for your post, you will not be required at any hotels to pay a deposit, it is all covered in the price of the holiday.

I hope this helps,

Kindest,

Ben

Thanks Ben for your answer,

Just wondering if anyone (Cindy) has been asked at any of JY hotels to present a credit card on arrival for services used whilst at the hotel.

Regards

Eric.

Ben 12 years ago
Good afternoon Eric,

Thanks for your post, you will not be required at any hotels to pay a deposit, it is all covered in the price of the holiday.

I hope this helps,

Kindest,

Ben

Hi Ben,

I am planning to obtain a pre-paid Mastercard for my spending money whilst on holiday. I do not plan to take travellers cheques or large amounts of local currency with me.

I know the hotels will have been paid for already by JY, So will we be asked at the hotels we are booked in for a credit card as deposit at each hotel we visit?

I ask this question because the issuers do not recommend that the prepaid mastercard as a "Guarantee of payment" as it ties up a considerable amount at each hotel, hence eating into a considerable slice of your spending money which will be tied up for some time.

I count that we will be staying at 15 different hotels on our holiday in Singapore, Australia and New Zealand.

I do not want to take other credit cards with me hence the prepaid card. If not will this be a problem?

Regards

Eric.