Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
'mikethesaint' wrote:

'marieb' wrote:

Can you please give me an indication of temperatures in the different areas of the tour. I know that Las Vegas will be hot but in June will such as Yellow stone be cold not sure of other canyons or Salt Lake city. It would help to make decide what clothes to take. Also do we know who the tour manager is and how many are on the tour

Hi, I'm doing this holiday leaving on the 6th September so would really like to hear your thoughts and any recommendations when you get back. The holiday sounds great and I'm really looking forward to going.

Hope you have a great time and don't forget to post your comments on your return.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Tis Debbie who was with you in South Africa when we sung Happy Birthday to you in the Cango caves, Lost email addresses when my PC crashed. See you are off to USA. This holiday is so amazing would even do it again! Do email me if you still have my address.

Kind regards Debbie

'mikethesaint' wrote:

'marieb' wrote:

Can you please give me an indication of temperatures in the different areas of the tour. I know that Las Vegas will be hot but in June will such as Yellow stone be cold not sure of other canyons or Salt Lake city. It would help to make decide what clothes to take. Also do we know who the tour manager is and how many are on the tour

Hi, I'm doing this holiday leaving on the 6th September so would really like to hear your thoughts and any recommendations when you get back. The holiday sounds great and I'm really looking forward to going.

Hope you have a great time and don't forget to post your comments on your return.

Mike

I did this holiday last year in September, a couple of weeks later - and it was fantastic.

We enjoyed brilliant weather, t-shirt or short sleeved shirt order for the majority of the day. It was "brisk" first thing in the morning for the very early starts! Also remember a lot of the holiday is at quite high altitude where the air is noticeably thinner.

There was a huge storm in the canyons area but we missed the rain, just saw some of the effects - the colorado in the grand canyon was red, some of the tracks around monument valley had been partially washed away the night before. Such storms must be quite a rare occurrence because our Navajo guide was quite animated about it.

We did see some dramatic skies though.

This was not retouched or photoshopped in anyway!

UserPostedImage

'marieb' wrote:

Mike

Hi Marie

You are right that Vegas is going to be very hot - possibly high 30s at times. But elsewhere the weather will be more varied - Rapid City and Salt lake City could be anything from low teens to mid 20s.

This weather website is very useful - the link will show you all the major cities in the US, with month by month weather for each of them.

http://worldweather.wmo.int/093/m093.htm 

Your tour manager is Wendy Burdett and there will be 33 people in your group.

Kind regards

Olly, your editor