Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Hi I have mentioned this before about more flights from Manchester but Just You don't seem interested on doing anything about it.

I would like to book city break to Rome but flight from Gatwick which adds more expense so depended on times of flights might have to book hotel overnight going and returning , there is flights from Manchester with Easy Jet or Monarch but Just You only want to use BA.

I have a friend who travels up from St Austell Cornwall, and she normally has at least one stop in a hotel either before and sometimes on the way back as well, she treats it as part of her holiday, and figures that cost in,as well as the cost of getting to LGW or LHR.

We have visited this problem many times over the years regarding local airports, and the other thing I remember being said is it comes down to the amount of people traveling if the demand is there. They have to have a main group leaving from somewhere and that's normally LHR or LGW, it would be very hard to formulate a tour I would think If the 40 travellers are all arriving at different time and from different locations and then getting them back as well on time. A logistical nightmare I would think. So fingers crossed there is better news for you all in the new brochure.

Cindy

'DouglasL' wrote:

It is even worse if you live in Scotland - even Manchester is expensive to get to and you often would have to have an overnight at the airport, as for Gatwick, either before flying out, back or both.

I have just had a promotion leaflet from Just You for Manchester departures - perhaps the staff in the holiday department can - for their New Year resolution - send out a leaflet offering more Scottish based departures!!

:D

Hi Douglas

I know exactly how you feel. I always have to have a night either in Glasgow or Gatwick, and in one instance, because BA changed the flight time, I have had to have a night in Glasgow AND a night in Gatwick, or get up at 3 a.m. to drive to Glasgow. Not funny, and adds a lot to the cost of the holiday.

Such things are sent to try us!

Sylvia

Hi all,

I have to agree with the general view expressed here. I live near Birmingham and the available holidays from my local airport are indeed few and far between. Neither do I have the luxury of connecting flights to Heathrow and Gatwick so I've used National Express on 3 occasions to get to Heathrow, a service offered by JY at a very reasonable price.

However, I'm going to China in October from Gatwick which will involve an overnight stay in a hotel the night before, so that will add at least £100 to the cost of the holiday. I've also flown from Manchester before, which is an easy 90min drive for me, but that's involved an overnight stay as well.

I'm hoping that JY will offer more long haul holidays from Birmingham in the future, especially after the long awaited runway extension has been completed in 2015. Of course, that depends on airlines offering the flights in the first place as obviously JY can't offer flights that don't exist.

I'm considering Australia in 2015 but the only flights offered in the JY brochure are with Qantas from Heathrow via Dubai. I know that I can do the same route from Birmingham with Emirates as they fly to Dubai twice a day from BHX. So my question would be, why are those flights not offered as a regional alternative to the LHR option?

I believe that Emirates also do the same route from Manchester so again, why is that not shown as an option for people living further north? Maybe JY have a perfectly reasonable explanation for this, in which case perhaps Julia or Will could shed some light on the issue.

Anyway, I'm sure that I could find other examples if I took the time to trawl through airline timetables, so bit more homework on the part of JY in this area (particularly for long haul destinations) would I'm sure be very much appreciated.

Kind regards

Mike

It is even worse if you live in Scotland - even Manchester is expensive to get to and you often would have to have an overnight at the airport, as for Gatwick, either before flying out, back or both.

I have just had a promotion leaflet from Just You for Manchester departures - perhaps the staff in the holiday department can - for their New Year resolution - send out a leaflet offering more Scottish based departures!!

:D

I would like to jump in here. Can I just say its not just people from the north who have to travel to Heathrow and Gatwick. I don't live in the north of England and being a non driver my direct route to Heathrow and Gatwick is by coach. It takes me 5½ hours to get to Heathrow and 6½ hours to get to Gatwick and out of 14 holidays I have already taken with JY I have only had one where I didn't have an overnight stay in an airport hotel. I have got two holidays booked for this year and they both involve overnight stays.

It should be remembered that people from all over GB take JY holidays and have to travel to the London airports and have overnight stays, either because of early departures or late arrivals back. JY cannot cater for every local airport. I have accepted that to go on a holiday I really want to do I have to have a long journey to the airport and an overnight stay, but to me its worth it for all the great holidays I have had with JY.

Avocet

Hi Saints96,

We do understand the frustrations that some of our travellers have in that not all of our holidays are available direct from their local airport.

In the new brochure mailing today (featuring a selection of 2015 tours), you will find a table on pages 16 &17 which highlight the regional flights we have available on the tours announced so far. You will see that there are more holidays available from regional airports in 2015 and for 2014 we have an exclusive Manchester departures on a number of our North America holidays including Americas Golden West, Canada & New England in the Fall and Route 66. Whether or not we offer these as an exclusive departure in 2015 will depend on whether or not there is the demand for them this year.

I promise, the team really are trying to make more of our holidays available to travellers across the UK where flights from carriers are available.

Kindest regards,

Julia

having looked through the site and holidays on offer it seems the situation on this has gotten worse not better, im yet to find a holiday that offers flights from northern airports. The USA holidays all say Gatwick/stanstead, even the Americas golden west which i went on twice from manchester doesnt offer this airport anymore. Really sorry state of affairs. My last holiday was to croatia last september with just you and i had to get to Gatwick, it took almost a full day to get home after leaving croatia which is just crazy. I will be going elsewhere for my next holiday as I cant justify the extra £150+ and many hours of extra travel time just you expect from northern and scottish travellers simply because they wont use main airports north of watford, poor service in my opinion.
'Maryanne' wrote:

I have booked Cilento Coast holiday on 1 July through a travel agent for the first time having previously booked holidays direct with Just You. I booked the holiday on the understanding that I would fly from Newcastle to Gatwick and onwards to Naples on the day of departure and accordingly paid the full amount of the holiday. Just after that, my travel agent were informed that as the transfer time at Gatwick w was too tight I would now have to travel to Gatwick the night before. I asked if I could now cancel the holiday - and was told 'no' - I asked if Just You would pay my overnight hotel - and was told 'no'. Fortunately my travel agent has booked and paid for the hotel which was very generous of them but left Just You in a poor light. I would not have booked the holiday had I known I had to travel the night before (due to domestic situation) and to have these arrangement changed after full payment was inconsiderate. I realise the reason for doing so as no one wants a panic at a strange airport with too short a time to find departure gate etc. Again, more flights from Newcastle please.

Hi,

I fully sympathise with your dilemma over flights, (living up North myself) but when you asked to cancel, you could have transferred you booking to another holiday for an administration fee. I changed from China to Texas (due to flights) at a cost of £30. Just so you'll know for the future.

Regards, Pat

Dear all,

I sympathise will your predicaments but consider what I have to do to go on a JY holiday! I live in County Wexford, on the south-east corner of Ireland. JY will not book connecting flights for me from Dublin to Heathrow (or wherever), as Ireland is not in the UK and if I book my own flights, I am not covered if there is any change in the London departure times, delays etc - this happened to me on my first JY hol to Andalucia, when I booked my connecting flights myself from Dublin and the time of the flight out to Malaga was changed, so I had to rebook my outward connecting flight and stay near the airport the night before. On the return journey a lightning national strike in Spain meant that all our flights had to be re-booked, a nightmare for our tour manager and she kindly booked a new flight for me from Heathrow to Dublin (I had orginally booked to fly to Bristol), but at my own cost - so to cut a long story short, by booking my own connecting flights from Dublin this ended up costing me over €300 extra, never again!

Now I get JY to book me connecting flights from Belfast, so if there is any problems regarding delays or cancellations they are obliged to cover the cost of new flights. This now means that I have to take two extra days off work and drive 160 miles to Belfast and stay overnight and do the same on the return journey. This is something I would really prefer not to have to do, but there doesn't seem to be any other way around it. I love travelling with JY and the extra time and expense are worth it for the best holidays I have ever had, I just wish they would book connecting flights from Dublin for me, saving me time, money and exhaustion!

Best wishes,

Bob