Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Oh God, I hadn't thought about evening wear. Ordering thermals from M&S website right now. Thank goodness for next day delivery. Then I think lots of layer over the top. I haven't got walking boots but I do have some DMs, not exactly attractive but comfortable so I think I'll go with them. Thanks HT, looking forward to meeting you and everyone else. I'm getting so excited now it's so near!
'TerriJo' wrote:

'Olly' wrote:

Hi TerryJo

Perhaps some other Community users can advise you on what they wore in China.

I can tell you that China in January is very cold - colder than the UK, so do pack some thermals, gloves, jumpers, a warm coat and so on!

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

THANKS OLLY, I HAVE NOTED THE 'VERY COLD' PART. ANY ADVICE FROM ANYONE GRATFULLY REC'D.

Hi I am going on the 12th Jan and have planned to take thermals, hat gloves and walking boots for during the day then more dressy clothes for evening. As we are going to be living out of a suitcase I thought I would pack only one pair of evening shoes and 3 - 4 dresses which pack easily. Hope I am on the right track!

'Olly' wrote:

Hi TerryJo

I can tell you that China in January is very cold - colder than the UK, so do pack some thermals, gloves, jumpers, a warm coat and so on!

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

THANKS OLLY, I HAVE NOTED THE 'VERY COLD' PART. ANY ADVICE FROM ANYONE GRATFULLY REC'D.

Hi TerryJo

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Can anyone advise me on clothing & footwear for this trip? I haven't done a cold weather holiday before. I'm thinking jeans with leggings underneath with Tshirt & sweatshirt and warm jacket. Do you think I need thermal legging & tops?

What about footwear? I haven't a clue what to take. I have my normal boots that I wear to work, would they do with lots of thermal socks and my jeans tucked in I wonder?

Any advice appreciated!

Many thanks.