Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Hi Lesley

We already have 10 bookings for this trip and there are still five months to go so. So there's no reason to think this trip won't go ahead.

As you say, the tour manager hasn't been appointed yet but I should be able to tell you in the New Year.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Hi Olly,

I have just read the posts by Bridget Jane - we are both booked on the Peru trip for March.

She commented that her trip to Costa Rica has been cancelled so she is doing Peru instead. I had this happen with my Northern Cyprus trip last year - I went to China instead & had a wonderful time.

I am assuming that the Peru trip will run. Do you happen to know how many are booked on this trip so far - I know it is too early to ask who the tour manager will be but I would like to know that it will go ahead.

Thanks Olly,

Best wishes,

Lesley :angel:

Hi Lesley,

Having just heard that the Costa Rica trip I had biiked for march 2012 has been cancelled, I am thinking of going on the peru/Amazon holiday instead. Hope to see you there!!

Hi Olly,

Thanks - will bear that in mind. I will go to Pisac because I have to do the optional excursions as I may never pass that way again and I want to see as much as I can.

So many places for me still to see - hope there is enough time - you know I like the have a good time and move on to pastures new.

Best wishes,

Hi Lesley

I had a look at a letter from a recent departure of this tour and the only payment option was in cash, using the local currency (Peruvian Sol). However the price was only £38 so not too much extra money to carry around.

I didn't go to Pisac but I did see Ollantaytambo when I went - it's an incredible Inca fortress high in the Andes and definitely worth seeing.

Route 66 optional excursion prices haven't been finalised yet but I'll let you know when I hear more.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Hi Olly,

I have just been reading about the problems paying for optional excursions in advance on the South African Explorer trip, which seems to be affecting quite a lot of people.

I have only just realised that there is one optional excursion on Day 5 (Pisac) of the Peru trip - although this is not listed in the 'Your Holiday' section on the website or in the brochure. Only the included excursions are listed.

What is the position for paying for this in advance, please? I would prefer to pay before I go as this is so much easier.

Also, dare I ask, what will happen for any optional excursions on the Route 66 trip?

Thanks,

Best wishes,