Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Hi Graham and Mary

Sorry - a correction to my earlier message.

Your tour manager will be Anton Scetta.

Kind regards

Olly, your editor

Hi I'm just back from this hol and it was fantastic! I brought the max amount of Rand you are allowed to bring in (R5000), about £450 and I also went to an ATM along the way and took out another R5000. For the Zambia add-on you would need about $800 or so, if you want to do the excursions. At present you can only book and pay for the excursions while you are there, so you need to bring a lot of cash unfortunately if you want to do the optionals - and you should, as they are utterly brilliant, especially the game drives, helicopter (or microlight) over the Victoria Falls etc. Have a blast!

Bob

PS you will need a S African plug adapter, which you can also use in Zambia.

'Graham wrote:

HI OLLY,

MARY DAY DOING SOUTH AFRICA AND ZAMBIA 19 JAN 2012,

HOW MANY SO FAR, SA AND EXTENTION PLEASE?

TOUR LED BY WHOM PLEASE? AND ABOUT HOW MUCH CURRENCY FOR TRIP?

REGARDS

ON BEHALF OF MARY DAY !!

I have just returned from the South Africa Explorer holiday with the Victoria Falls add on. I took the maximum amount of rand you are allowed 5000 and had to draw further amounts totalling another 5000 whilst I was there. In addition I also took a further £500 of US Dollars for Zambia although I could have used rand had I known. Unless things have changed there are up to 16 optional excursions and all had to be paid for in cash whilst we were there.

You do get plenty of opportunities to use ATM machines but the amount of money needed in cash is a problem on this trip. Our whole party raised the issue with our Tour Manager who also had the problem of continually collecting and carrying around large amounts of cash.

The best advice I can give is don't try and keep to a budget because it won't work. Just take what you can, enjoy a marvellous holiday and see how it goes when you there but be prepared to spend extra if you want to get the best from the holiday on the optional excursions.

Hope you find this helpful.

Mike

Hi Graham & Mary

So far 17 have booked this holiday, with two of those also doing the add-on. The tour manager will be Suzanne Brown.

It's difficult to say how much money to take with you. Bear in mind that your breakfasts and dinners are all included so you will only need money for lunches. Also most of the excursions are included but some are optional, so you may need extra money if you want to take any of those. Details and prices will be sent to you in good time before you fly, so you will be able to budget for the extra trips. Other than that, you will need money for drinks, souvenirs, any tips you wish to give plus other expenses.

Personally I would take about £350-400 (about £30 a day) but you may be a person who likes to spend a lot more or less!

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

HI OLLY,

MARY DAY DOING SOUTH AFRICA AND ZAMBIA 19 JAN 2012,

HOW MANY SO FAR, SA AND EXTENTION PLEASE?

TOUR LED BY WHOM PLEASE? AND ABOUT HOW MUCH CURRENCY FOR TRIP?

REGARDS

ON BEHALF OF MARY DAY !!