Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
'bondensbabe' wrote:

'Peter wrote:

Hello Bondensbabe

Not flying Ryanair. What a bonus that is. Got to be the worlds worst airline. I agree with you about preferring Gatwick to Heathrow. So easy to get to by main line train from London. Station attached to the South Terminal, what could be easier. Train fares are often cheaper than travelling by car bearing in mind the cost of petrol and parking charges

Peter

Hello Bondensbabe

I do not know where you are travelling from but if you come through Kings Cross, there is a direct service to Gatwick from St Pancras which you can get to without coming out of Kings Cross. Alternatively there is a direct train service from Bedford. I am assuming you would not be arriving in London at Victoria.

Without being nosey, there are several types of discount railcards that can be purchased which give great discounts. I myself have a Senior Railcard valid for 3 years which cost me £60.00. The 3 year railcard can only be purchased on line. I book my train tickets through East Coast Trains because they have a loyalty scheme even if you are not using their trains. To give you an example I travelled to Leeds in August from Gatwick on an advance return ticket for £44.00 FIRST CLASS!! This fare included refreshments eg Tea, Coffee, Soft Drinks/Alchohol and a range of sandwiches and cakes.

Happy Holidays

Peter

RyanAir used to be okay before they started putting on all these ridiculous extra charges. And I think you are quite right about the public transport costs being cheaper Peter. With all due respect to the Londoners here though, I avoid the place travelling through wise because of having to use the Underground which I have a phobia about. (Honestly). So I tend to use National Express, which by the time I have to spend getting through London is about the same travelling to Gatwick and cheaper than the train anyway.

'Peter wrote:

Hello Bondensbabe

Not flying Ryanair. What a bonus that is. Got to be the worlds worst airline. I agree with you about preferring Gatwick to Heathrow. So easy to get to by main line train from London. Station attached to the South Terminal, what could be easier. Train fares are often cheaper than travelling by car bearing in mind the cost of petrol and parking charges

Peter

RyanAir used to be okay before they started putting on all these ridiculous extra charges. And I think you are quite right about the public transport costs being cheaper Peter. With all due respect to the Londoners here though, I avoid the place travelling through wise because of having to use the Underground which I have a phobia about. (Honestly). So I tend to use National Express, which by the time I have to spend getting through London is about the same travelling to Gatwick and cheaper than the train anyway.

Hello Bondensbabe

Peter

Thanks Olly. I've been to Croatia, to Rabac, a couple of times in the distant past, and I think I recognise the hotel Just You are using this time, although it has changed its' name. I agree Croatia is a beautiful country and I really liked Rabac as a resort. Lovely people, and great scenery.

Gatwick isn't really a major issue although it is a hike on public transport. I actually prefer it to Heathrow which I have to face in a couple of days when I am off to the States on a private trip. :thumbup:

The Croatia holiday is one of several that I am looking at for next year I must admit. At the moment I cannot make up my mind.

Hi Bondensbabe

There are lots of reasons why we might change hotels - including refurbishments, price changes and so on. Feedback is one possibility but I haven't heard of any problems with the previous hotel.

Just You will take into account many factors when deciding which flights to use - including frequency and cost of flights, departure airport and transfer times, to name just a few. So my colleagues will have concluded that the Zagreb flight is the best option for this holiday. The transfer time is around 3 hours.

Gatwick is the only flight option for this holiday, I'm afraid. We do try to offer regional flights where available so I imagine the flight times from other airports just didn't fit in with the rest of the holiday.

I hope you won't be put off, as Croatia is a beautiful country and well worth seeing. When I went I particularly liked Rovinj, and the chance to visit Venice on a day trip.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Hi Olly. Idly browsing the Croatia holiday for next year. I was interested to see that the hotel has changed. I wondered if that was because of negative feedback?

I am also curious why you are using Zagreb to fly into, when Pula is a lot nearer, and Ryan Air (for example) fly there from London.

Are there likely to be any regional departures on this holiday? Only Gatwick is mentioned, and it is such a hike for people from the Midlands and the North, even with oyur own transport.