Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Yes, I thought a 3-litre bottle would be useful! I don't drink alcohol, but I do drink LOTS of water!
Hi Susannah

If there is no minibar I'm sure you will be able to buy water from the bar or a shop (and a shop would probably be cheaper, too). You could pick up a big bottle when you get to Malaga airport to keep you going for the first couple of days.

Have a great trip.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Hi Olly -thanks for your help.

I just thought that the minibar would be useful if I was drinking a lot of bottled water.-I have never stayed in a hotel without them before -even tiny hotels in venice seem to have them.....I'm sure I can adapt,- I always do!

I'm VERY excited about the holiday and wish it was longer!!!

Best wishes, Susannah

Hi Susannah

My understanding is that you are usually fine to drink tap water in Spain, especially in the cities. However, if you are at all worried about it, I would just drink bottled water for peace of mind. I have heard of Solares too, so I'm sure that will be fine if you can get it. Your tour manager will be able to advise you too.

There is a small charge to use room safes and there are no minibars in rooms, as far as I know.

Have a great holiday.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

I have been reading some worrying reports that tap water is not safe to drink in Spain, and apparently bottled water in Mijas is just bottled tap water! - However, I have heard of a good brand called Solares .In Italian hotels I make tea for myself using hot tap water, but I dont think i will risk it in Spain!

Also, is it true that I will have to pay extra to use the room safe at TRH Mijas, and is there a minibar in the room?

Other reviews complain of dark rooms with no view.

I am travelling to Mijas with Just You on 28th Sept, so would like to be reassured that there is nothing to worry about -and i am looking forward to spectacular views from the hotel!